OBD2b>OBD1 Conversion?

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
you can also save some money and use a different obd1 ecu. when I ordered my ecu from xenocron I had the option of ordering a non p28 obd1 ecu since we don't HAVE to run a p28 in our cars. I also didn't have to do anything weird to get my temp gauge to work. just used the conversion harness and it all was plug and play (other then the iac wiring of course)

if you wanna pay the extra shipping you can have blacktrax ship the plate to my house and I can ship it to Canada for you. as long as it doesn't cost me anything I'm willing to volunteer my time for a fellow 6ga member :thumbsup: nikita and plenty of others can vouch for my credibility if your worried about anything like that as well.

Snoobly

Reaction score
you can also save some money and use a different obd1 ecu. when I ordered my ecu from xenocron I had the option of ordering a non p28 obd1 ecu since we don't HAVE to run a p28 in our cars. I also didn't have to do anything weird to get my temp gauge to work. just used the conversion harness and it all was plug and play (other then the iac wiring of course)

if you wanna pay the extra shipping you can have blacktrax ship the plate to my house and I can ship it to Canada for you. as long as it doesn't cost me anything I'm willing to volunteer my time for a fellow 6ga member :thumbsup: nikita and plenty of others can vouch for my credibility if your worried about anything like that as well.

I believe you have the 98-00. that would be why your temp gauge works. the 01 and 02 have a different wiring set-up for the temp gauge.

greekpizza

Reaction score
Looks like everyones covered most of it, also wanted to point out that the stock distributor works you dont need an obd1 one, Me and Patrick are proof for you non believers, also you can snag a resistor box, obd1 iacv, and obd1 injector clips all from a 5th gen accord, then all you need is injectors, conversion harness, blacktrax converter plate, and a p28 or replica as patrick said.

Good luck with it all, i just did mine for the first time and didnt have to much trouble with anything. PM if you need any help, :thumbsup:

SuperMidget

Reaction score
Hey cool, thanks i might just do that. As for the 02's, you need to install an additional ect into the block under/near the exisiting one and wire and pin it to your ecu (for obd1 conversion)

mdog180

Reaction score
idk if this advice will help but in my personal experience with this conversion i used a hondata300, tuned, changed distibutors, rewired the distributors since obd1 has an inner coil rather than obd2 distributors having an outter coil. i went from f23 ulev 2.3 to obd1 h22a1 jdm. If you already didnt know inspection is a pain (massachuetts atleast) considering that downgrading obd is illegal lol. what i have to do is pay more, find the right place, and use another 6ga accord for the scanner to plug into since obd1 has no port to connect. hope this helps some what

Kris_purser

Reaction score
talk to russianred for the pigtail. or go to the junkyard and pull it off any obd1 honda. you wire the two colored wires together and ground the black one anywhere on the frame.
for the coolant gauge, badgertype knows how, ive been meaning to get mine working again but i can't find the thread that says how to do it. probably just look at the wiring and figure it out myself when i have the time. i don't believe you need the obd2 ecu to do it though

Did you ever get your temp gauge to work? I sure could use some help.

SuperMidget

Reaction score
You need to buy another sensor, from badger:

Him:
Pre 01 needed 2 sensors, post 01 needed just one big sensor with a plug. all this second sensor is needed for is to run the gauge

Me:
Ohhhh where would I install this new one? Drill and tap?

Him:
remove a hex head screw from the head right by the other sensor, screw in the sensor tight

Me:
When ordering the ECT sensor.. what do I tell the parts rep? I talked to a few already, they need a diameter and thread pitch/count or an applicable vehicle year/model/make etc

I don't wanna pull mine out before-hand to check... cuz there'd be coolant everywhere :p wondering if you know

Him:
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...+PUMP+-+SENSOR

number 14

37750-PH2-014 THERMO UNIT (DENSO) $36.15

You are welcome

Back