odd issues cutting out

Split

Reaction score
Ok, here are the specs;
2001 Autotranny coupe V6 ja30 150k

I have recently replaced just about everything on this car. Seemed to be running fine;

Just had the AT rebuilt by a honda race shop here in AZ, less than 500 miles on it. ( i have been driving it fine for the last 50 miles)Seemed to have been running fine after i got it back. Monday i went to drive it to work...in P or N idled fine, smooth etc, put it in gear and press the gas and it just sputters and acts like it wants to die, no CEL or any other dash lights on just drops to 250-300 rpms. As soon as i put it into P/N the revs/idle come back fine, put it in D and it tries to die, sputter etc. Made it 3 blocks and back home i go..

So after goin through a crud load of threads on here i decided to do the EGR valve clean out. I removed the manifolds, plugs etc, cleaned out the TB, intake, replaced the plugs. Put it back together, started it up, seemed to drive fine. Ran fine 39 miles to work. Went to go home Car wouldnt go into gear from P. Used the manual depress button got home ran fine. OK, back to the forum, checked the brake lights, fine, messed with the brake switch, car went into gear from park. Seemed fine again, No CELS ever. Today i go to the gas station, get in , car locked in P agn, hit the brake a few times unlocks, start to drive home and it cuts out on me again.

I am thinking that after the tranny rebuild there is a sensor somewhere that kills the engine throttle if it does not detect the car in D...but i am out of ideas, i obviously need to look at replacing the brake light switch for the interlock issues but i am outta ideas on why it seems to cut out only in gear. I replaced all the o2 sensors already, cleaned the EGR valve, the TB, the intake, new plugs, oil, new battery, all grounds checked, etc...I am not sure why it wouldnt throw CELs.

i do hear the fuel pump come on, the gas tank is pressurized, etc...just all the sudden started happening, it seems to be 2 different issues but over the years i have kinda learned that one thing can usually cause mulitple issues and the fact that both these issues are happening with a day of each other...jeez... thanks $plit

Split

Reaction score
ok i figured it out. the supposed honda racing shop that built my tranny and installed my headers ran the main fuse to battery cable between my header and the block, creating a grounding /melting situation..thats nice... uggh

Back