Odd problem .. Halp meeeee

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Ok so it just started recently and it's really weird and I don't understand why it's doing this, but .. When I start off in first, and I give it light gas, and start letting off the clutch very lightly, the rpms fluctuate back and forth between 1k and 1250 and the whole car is shaking back and forth with it. If I give the car more gas, and start letting off the clutch, it'll do it more violently. The only way I can bypass this is if I rev up to roughly 2500rpm and keep my foot on the clutch much longer until I start picking up speed. Also, what I've noticed recently too is that it'll start doing this in all the other gears up to 5th if I let the rpms drop too low fow for that certain gear. It seems as though the engine isn't getting enough air/fuel .. I havent checked for cels yet, I can't find a shop that does it free :(

It's quite annoying and im sure I look retarded from the outside too .. So I was wondering .. Could it be my iacv ? Clutch ? That's all I can really think of .. I tried to get a video, but the car was jerking so violently that I couldn't get a shot of the rpms, and my phones audio sucks so you can't rlly hear anything so I gotta get a video of it tonight with my real camera .. But if any of you want to see the vid from my phone right now in order to help me, just txt me at 6268147737 and I'll send it to yah.

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
^ What he said.. Also could be injectors, spark plugs, or wires depending on other things. By the way... Any Autozone, Advance Auto Parts, O'Reilly's, and NAPA should check CEL codes for free..

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll try the things mentioned above. I recentlyreplaced the plugs and wires about 3000 miles ago with ngk plugs and cheap $25 wires from auto zone. Could that be the problem ? I didn't gap the plugs either .. Never have .. Dunno if that'd cause it either. I've tried changing my air filter, but that didn't work .. Any possibility it could be the fuel pump/filter ?

Back