OEM Replica Coupe rear lip on Sedan

blackcord

Reaction score
Those who know me know that I prefer the OEM look. Honda never made a lip kit option for our 6th gen sedans and I have always wished that I could have that coupe lip on my sedan. My only other option was a Mugen rear which I do not really like too much OR a full Wings West kit which I like, but I want something a little more subtle. So I did the next best thing. I bought a BaysonR replica coupe lip and modified it to fit onto my sedan.

I chopped it in 2, then put some 3/4” x 1/8” aluminum strips with some gutterguard wire mesh and extended the middle by about 5 inches. I put some fiberglass that was designed for rigid and semi-rigid plastic (so it still has a little flexibility). I think it turned out pretty good for someone who never did body work before! It came out almost 99% perfect. I can see the join lines but I can only see the flaws if I look closely.

I also cut some holes on both end and put in some red reflectors. I like the look of those TSX with the reflectors there.

I took some pictures. Hope you enjoy.

ft0v.jpg

tl8g.jpg

dy2a.jpg

z7vl.jpg

s4uq.jpg

hntq.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited:

blackcord

Reaction score
Fuuuuuu. That looks amazing! Nice work and rep for you!
LOL. Thanks. Especially for the rep!

Damn! That looks sick! I may have to drop by the east meet soon!
Thanks Adam. You should come out to the east meet.

wow amazing.....now you need my replica front to complete the look:darryl:

repped as well.
Thanks Muhib! If I did not already have my mugen front, I would have bought yours.

That looks amazing! Good job!
Thanks man.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
:thumbsup: :canada:

Nice, I like that exhaust pipe finisher, too.

You should try to fit the rest of the kit on your sedan. It would look really good.

DrOwZee

Reaction score
Wow that looks good. the red reflectors isnt my cup of tea but the work done to the lip was on point. Nice work man.

xpieceofcralpx

Reaction score
wow..awesome job.. i'm really looking forward to attempting this project. i always wanted a rear lip for my sedan, but i think the wings west would of got in the way of my exhaust. this looks perfect

Back