OEM speaker replacement?

swazi5

Reaction score
I'm looking to put in some upgraded speakers, but I only want ones that are the same size as the OEM's just want something with a little more fullness of bass. Doesn't have to thump or anything. Anyone have any suggestions?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
You have to go and listen to a variety of speakers.

It depends on your budget, but since you aren't looking at anything too outlandish, then I would suggest you look at Alpine, JBL, Kenwood or Infinity products.

Pretty much what you can get at Best Buy, as they have a bit of a range of products for any given line-up.

The speakers sizes would be the same size as OEM, you just have to be aware of the size of the magnet, because may be more than the stock speaker.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Those would be fine as well. You only need to worry about quality if you are purposely setting out to design an SQ/SPL system. An upgrade of the stock speakers for just general listening, you would be fine with those.

You can either measure, or take one of your stock Front/Rear speakers to compare, if you go to a Big Box Store to buy.

You may want to look in to crutchfield.com as well to compare prices. Wouldn't hurt to check ebay either.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Go on crutchfield.com. Go to "outfit my car" enter your cars year/model/etc and pick what speakers you like(look at reviews as well for an idea). Compare prices with other stores and decide where to buy from. If you are still running stock oem deck though, it might be about time to pick something else to replace it.

kn0x47

Reaction score
Go on crutchfield.com. Go to "outfit my car" enter your cars year/model/etc and pick what speakers you like(look at reviews as well for an idea). Compare prices with other stores and decide where to buy from. If you are still running stock oem deck though, it might be about time to pick something else to replace it.

dis

02accordcoupe

Reaction score
I did the crutchfield "outfit my car" deal and once I found what I was looking for, I went on Amazon and bought my stuff on there for pretty much half of what crutchfield wanted. I put Infinity three way speakers in the front, and Sony Xplod 6x9's in the back. I had them in there before I put my new radio in and even with the stock radio, they sounded amazing!

AccordUser

Reaction score
IMO, I woud go into best buy, find the speakers you want, then find them on AMAZON for the LOWEST PRICE. Happy Shopping!!!

Emphasis

Reaction score
IMO, I woud go into best buy, find the speakers you want, then find them on AMAZON for the LOWEST PRICE. Happy Shopping!!!

Best Buy now price matches from Amazon themselves. I believe they'll do it for most retailers.

Back