Offset??

G Honda 757

Reaction score
What's an offset of a wheel? I read it on a site but it wasnt in laymen's terms so i didnt know wtf they were talkin about. Can somebody explain this to me? I got this one dude selling me 20's with a +15 offset. He said I will not need any spacers with those rims. Thanks fellas!!

deucescorner

Reaction score
What's an offset of a wheel? I read it on a site but it wasnt in laymen's terms so i didnt know wtf they were talkin about. Can somebody explain this to me? I got this one dude selling me 20's with a +15 offset. He said I will not need any spacers with those rims. Thanks fellas!!

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=101

the guys is right you won't need any spacers because with an +15 offset your wheels will stick out like crazy, and I'm understating it.

Spacers are used when the offset is tho high for your car and there is not enough clearance. So they use spacers to push the wheel out more to clear either calipers or suspensions.

Higher the offset, deeper the wheel will be pushed inside your fenders, so the lower the offset, the wheel will stick out more.

For example, 6thgenaccord tend to need +40 to +47 offset, mostly because we generally drop our cars or just because it won't look nice if the wheel sticks out too much.

My fathers' Audi A6 2.7T would need wheels with a lower offset such as +30 to +35 so as to clear the huge calipers that comes equiped with his specific model.

So in conclusion, the guy isn't lying to you but you will look like a monter truck if you put them on.

hope this helps

Last edited:

naoandlata

Reaction score
^ agree with the post before me and to make things clearer
offset.gif

G Honda 757

Reaction score
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=101

the guys is right you won't need any spacers because with an +15 offset your wheels will stick out like crazy, and I'm understating it.

Spacers are used when the offset is tho high for your car and there is not enough clearance. So they use spacers to push the wheel out more to clear either calipers or suspensions.

Higher the offset, deeper the wheel will be pushed inside your fenders, so the lower the offset, the wheel will stick out more.

For example, 6thgenaccord tend to need +40 to +47 offset, mostly because we generally drop our cars or just because it won't look nice if the wheel sticks out too much.

My fathers' Audi A6 2.7T would need wheels with a lower offset such as +30 to +35 so as to clear the huge calipers that comes equiped with his specific model.

So in conclusion, the guy isn't lying to you but you will look like a monter truck if you put them on.

hope this helps

Yeah man, that helped alot. I appreciate it.. By any chance, do you know how far it will stick out, in terms of cm or inches?

Phut

Reaction score
what's the width of the wheels? +15 is too low and will stick out significantly.

jccg5

Reaction score
if u running with 15offset ...99 percent u will rub with our car 15 offset maybe like half to an inches. stick out

Last edited:

HomerJay

Reaction score
That look used to be cool...HA!! For what? Two weeks back in the early 90's?...:p

Phut

Reaction score
8.5 width is ok. the +15 offset isn't.

Back