oil around the thread of the sparkplug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HondaGus

Reaction score
i found 1 plug with oil around the thread, and it fouled out my spark plug, now i'm gonna replace my Valve Cover Gasket. and i heard that could be the problem..

what else could be the problem anyone know....

NOTE: the car DOESNT BURN ANY OIL, i keep doing a check i get back 4 qts i put 4 1/2 QT of oil.

what other problem could it be? its not that valves i dont heard any knockin that i never heard befor. :confused:

HondaGus

Reaction score
also i have more then needed OIL in my car!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? i heard thats why i have oil in my intake...... god damn it...im sooo pissed now im gonna go empty BRAND new oil and do it myself. i hate bringin my car to oil shops.... can too much oil get into my spark plug? i heard that can happen as well.

allicedout

Reaction score
ummm u check ur PCV? my old civic had tons of oil on the 2 middle plugs. it just happened that the PCV valve ran in the middle of the 2. it was clogged. i replaced and my oil problems were gone.

HondaGus

Reaction score
allicedout said:
ummm u check ur PCV? my old civic had tons of oil on the 2 middle plugs. it just happened that the PCV valve ran in the middle of the 2. it was clogged. i replaced and my oil problems were gone.

yeah i changed my PCV like 2 weeks ago... too much oil i think is the problem.....

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
f*ck oil, who needs it? haha

really tho, the funniest thing. one night last summer, my friend was drifting in his lawn with his old as5 '79 MB 300D Turbo Diesel, haha, he goes FLYING off this ridge, and slams onto his driveway right on the oil pan, only hting wrong with "the tank" after that, was a bent oil pan rim, and a broken line, haha, it leaked out all the oil. then, like in early march, i go "dude, see if itll even start", he tries, and what do you know, it starts, haha, clinking and clanging like a mofo, but who cares, its going to the junk yard anyway, hahahha. it was great.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Also check the spark plug gaskets.
More than likely, that's how you're getting oil there.
When you check/replace the valve cover gasket, replace the spark plug gaskets also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back