Oil change at Walmart?

dynasty

Reaction score
what happen to my brother's car is that, he complained that the motor is leaking oil. he thought it was leaking oil somewhere but i told him to check the dipstick because he add oil. he said, it's still full. so he didn't add any oil which was smart. but i just hate going through car problems just because it's time consuming. at least he has a new 53k mile engine. i guess he's happy with that. Walmart is also paying for his rental car so that's cool too.

ddawg

Reaction score
On of my friends took his car to walmart for an oil change... and they forgot to put the oil cap back on.... !!!! the oil spilled all over the engine, there was oil coming out on top of the headlights he ended up snapping the alternator belt and all of his hood rubber lining has come out loose and walmart says it wasn't because of the oil slipping all over the place... !!!!

6THGEN_AI4

I buy my own oil MOBIL SYNTETIC and filter...then I have change right in front of me at any gas stations shop.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Well I don't know if I'd say "wal-mart" done it..it's more of the incompetent idiots that work there..but you can find then in just about any mechanics/technicians shop no matter where you go. My mom took her Titan to Nissan for an oil change, they forgot to put the oil in the truck and drove it around the block for about 5 minutes to test a squeak in the brakes..and we're talking about techs who get paid upwards of 20+ an hour..ASE certified mechanics..

angelplus

Reaction score
shavedaccord said:
Well I don't know if I'd say "wal-mart" done it..it's more of the incompetent idiots that work there..but you can find then in just about any mechanics/technicians shop no matter where you go. My mom took her Titan to Nissan for an oil change, they forgot to put the oil in the truck and drove it around the block for about 5 minutes to test a squeak in the brakes..and we're talking about techs who get paid upwards of 20+ an hour..ASE certified mechanics..

Holy shiot! Thats nuts, I'd flip out if something like that happened to my car.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Well she's at war with them right now because the engine has been knocking ever since they have done that. Another thing about Nissan, she had one of them bug shields on the hood EVERY TIME Nissan changes the oil they crack or break it..she has seriously gone through about 4 of them. Nissan cuts her a $100 check every time even though it only costs her $20 for the shield and about 5 minutes for me to put it on. Nissan's techs are worthless at least around here.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
tht's the reason i keep an eye on the ppl tht work on my car, esp when they drive it into the bay!! i'm low, so i make sure they dun scrape..

oil changes are done at a shop for the accord just becos the oil filter is a pain to get to and i get my oil changed for $15, which is the same price as buying ur own oil and filter

glad ur bro's getting a new motor tho... y not get a H22 while he's at it :D

moleman

Reaction score
i take my car to honda to get the oil changed since im so low its just easier to let them pull it into the bay the me to roll up on some wood to get a jack under my car lol. i know so many people at the dealership so im not to worried about it being up there

dynasty

Reaction score
DarkSideAccord said:
tht's the reason i keep an eye on the ppl tht work on my car, esp when they drive it into the bay!! i'm low, so i make sure they dun scrape..

oil changes are done at a shop for the accord just becos the oil filter is a pain to get to and i get my oil changed for $15, which is the same price as buying ur own oil and filter

glad ur bro's getting a new motor tho... y not get a H22 while he's at it :D

my brother also wanted the H22 motor but since Walmart is replacing the motor with a 53k mile motor, why not? haha. but from now on, i'm either teaching him (again) how to change oil or i'll change it myself. never had any problems when i change my own oil.

Phil47906

Reaction score
I'm an avid Walmart fanboy....not really...but I did used to get my oil changed there and I'm hapy to report that I never had any problems....dirt cheap too, like $8 I think. I knew a few people working there so I knew it was well looked after (no newbie mechanics).

Back