Oil leak

maximus017

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Lately I have been noticing my car is starting to leak oil. Now I have noticed a small drops here and there but no the drops are leading to bigger and bigger puddles.

When I have looked before trying to find out where the leak is occurring, i noticed that the oils seems to be coming from the left side of the valve cover. And essentially dripping down the tranny down to the floor.

About 30k miles ago, I replaced the valve cover seal, but didn't have any oil leaking from it since. When talking about the issue to my dad, he seems to thinks its the PCV valve. Before ordering the part thought I would get your guys opinion on the issue

P.s. I have 4cyl ex 01 sedan
Thanks

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
You could switch the valve cover seal again. You never know...

I don't think the PVC valve would be a likely candidate.

Got any pictures? They would help a ton.

Elite1JDM

Reaction score
Check the vtec solenoid gasket, and when you change the gasket make shure to put
a little hi temp silicone on the corners where the cams are, where it comes up

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Take your pcv valve off and shake it. If it makes a noise then its good. If it is silent then it needs to be replaced. Test it before you order a new one.

Sounds to me you need to have the seal looked at by a mechanic. I hope you used an OEM Honda seal.

bucho44

Reaction score
It could also maybe your distributor o-ring. I leak a ton of oil and have already changed the Vtec soleniod and little things and have been down as far as the rear mains seal and nothing. Just stick your hand and reach on the bottom of the distributor. Maybe it's around there. My .02 cents but these guys know more.

maximus017

Reaction score
You could switch the valve cover seal again. You never know...

I don't think the PVC valve would be a likely candidate.

Got any pictures? They would help a ton.

Working on it, Its crazy hot right now, 102 in Houston...waiting for the sun to come down a bit.

Check the vtec solenoid gasket, and when you change the gasket make shure to put
a little hi temp silicone on the corners where the cams are, where it comes up

That was my thought, but wasnt sure. Figured id ask before replacing it

It could also maybe your distributor o-ring. I leak a ton of oil and have already changed the Vtec soleniod and little things and have been down as far as the rear mains seal and nothing. Just stick your hand and reach on the bottom of the distributor. Maybe it's around there. My .02 cents but these guys know more.

Where exactly is the vtec solenoid, never even knew we had one...
Im gonna check that once i get out later the distributor!

Back