Oil leak...

Redcoupe

Reaction score
Damn I see myself on the same boat except I am not swimming on oil YET. Check your rear seal mine is doing the same thing and I have a v6. And good luck with surgery

Brad2274

Reaction score
mine started dripping drops a day, then overheating, changed the thermostat, still overheated some, then oil dripped worse, then i blew the rear head gasket :/
Put some dye in it if you cant see it right away, then black light it in you garage or at night.
It'll light that sh*t up like a day glow.
but as stated, working your way down works well so you eliminate valve covers, seals, hopefully head gaskets, then oil pan, etc, sort of in layers.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
^you were leaking oil and you thought your thermostat would fix the problem? if thats the case you need to do WAAAYYYYYY more reading before working on your car.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I'm sure he changed it to fix the overheating problem maybe thinking it was unrelated, without paying enough attention to the oil leak problem haha

619rcr

Reaction score
I work at a shop & see oil leaks all the time. When we look for a leak we clean up as much as possible with degreaser & brake clean. Then buy a cheap 2oz bottle of UV dye ($5 @ most autoparts stores) & add it to the oil. We then tell the customer to drive around for a few days & come back. The dye will seep out with the oil & shows up with a UV light.

FIGHT4MYACCORD

Reaction score
I have the same problem but it just started leaking recently. I cleaned everything and will check to see where its coming out tomorrow.

ponglynn777

Reaction score
if its from the passenger side, check ur oil pan gasket if not might be oilseal or tranny gasket seals. but before all that get into a gas station and underwash the car first to clear up all the oil. goodluck

metrick1235

Reaction score
Ok so ive got alot of info... Cleaned it up under the car. Ran it, got it warm.....AAAAANNNDDD nothing..not a drop..lol.. checked the stick, plenty inside.. so turned it off, to go back to the drawing board... came back out to get my computer out and noticed had oil under the car.. it almost looks like its coming from where the oil filter would connect to the motor..( dont know what its called. but the Plate and adapter between the block and filter on the block side) I will be taking it to a shop this week to put it on the lift to see better..

Reaction score
brake clean the **** out of everything.
start car.
lay underneath with a flashlight till you see oil.

bahahaha! That's exactly what I was saying in my head! BUT! I wouldn't be under the car with it started... I dunno if you've ever had oil burns, but I'm good without.

I agree with this and looking for oil at the uppermost point. Gravity is DEFINITELY your bffff in this case!

Back