one run of 1/0 awg, where to run?

pinoy209

Reaction score
im in need of some expertise, i cant find anywhere in the engine bay to run my power wire. can someone please help. pics would help alot.

i have an i4 lx

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
If it's an automatic make your own grommet through the clutch pedal cut out. Otherwise there are perfectly suitable grommets on both the driver and passenger side.

BullAccord

Reaction score
I ran my 0awg through the grommet behind the fuse box (passenger side) on my i4 lx coupe, let me know if you have any more questions if you decide to go that route.

pinoy209

Reaction score
If it's an automatic make your own grommet through the clutch pedal cut out. Otherwise there are perfectly suitable grommets on both the driver and passenger side.

I ran my 0awg through the grommet behind the fuse box (passenger side) on my i4 lx coupe, let me know if you have any more questions if you decide to go that route.

i found a spot right behind the intake manifold. went in buttery smooth.
hot day in cali suck so bad. took half day just to run that one run of 1/0awg

im also running straight from the alternator. let me know if i should keep it there or run from the battery?

BullAccord

Reaction score
im also running straight from the alternator. let me know if i should keep it there or run from the battery?
I had mine on the alternator but started noticing weird idle issues while playing music but I didn't have any issues before installing my 1500w rms amp. just something to be aware of I guess.

danmccormick87

Reaction score
im building this bad boy. 125lbs+

That's pretty epic! As far as running your wire, I'd suggest under your car along the passenger side. There is a black plastic shroud, not sure what it's called, that you can zip tie too and run all the way to the trunk, then drill a hole into the trunk (spare tire well) unless there is a cap there (not sure). Make sure to keep it nice and tight, and there is a guy on here that has ran it like this already.

Back