One thing that annoys the sht outta me (Rant content)....

Status
Not open for further replies.

finch13

Reaction score
It should almost be a rule that socal sellers use "lazy, pickup only" instead of "local pickup only" in their listings.

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
ya'll just jealous from my point of view and a bunch of haters lol. im just kidding dont take it personally. i ship my items. i just dont ship the items if its too big or abnormally shaped. i also dont like shipping items i know ill cost more then the item is actually worth. i dont want to rip off people but if they want it ill ship it.

slowaccord

Reaction score
I will tell u why people dont like to ship.

Alot of people get stuff and then do a chargeback for the smallest of reasons. if they find the smallest imperfection they complain to paypal and give the seller a headache. I have dealt with alot of this. And guess what? It's usually the guy sitting in some boony state that does it. Midwest and such where you can't even get stuff. So they buy online and expect VIP service.

I will give u an example. I once sold rims to a guy that were brand new. He did a chargeback. and you know what the reason was? he said that he assumed the rims had a chrome lip when in reality it was a polished lip. He had no case but paypal agreed with him and he was allowed to return my brand new rims in USED condition.

i know 95% of the time it doesn't go down like this but it's seriously aggravating when u lose shipping and time on a return and u did nothing wrong. Beggars in boony states become choosers when you ship and it happens alot. And I am talking with 8 years of shipping experience. Not some guy who ships something twice a year.

DrOwZee

Reaction score
edit: ^^thats true too, i once shipped something out and it was in good condition, but once the buyer recieved it, it broke and that just made me look bad. so after that i kinda stopped shipping, but i will again

Dang don't how i miss this thread. Yea ill admit it, i don't ship because I'm too lazy to go out of my way and go through all the hassle of shipping it. I'll rather have the person come pick up the item, plus i like meeting people face to face and green cash is always a plus. But, come to think of it, i am a hypocrite because I always ask for shipping, so from here on out, ill do shipping if the buyer is willing to pay for shipping because ill be sad if someone is selling something super cheap and it isn't local and they don't wanna ship
:thumbup:

Last edited:

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
Dang don't how i miss this thread. Yea ill admit it, i don't ship because I'm too lazy to go out of my way and go through all the hassle of shipping it. I'll rather have the person come pick up the item, plus i like meeting people face to face and green cash is always a plus. But, come to think of it, i am a hypocrite because I always ask for shipping, so from here on out, ill do shipping if the buyer is willing to pay for shipping because ill be sad if someone is selling something super cheap and it isn't local and they don't wanna ship
:thumbup:

me too.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I have sold and shipped countless items on this site and ebay, and I have never had someone dispute through paypal.

ANNNNYWAY.....I could care less if socal people don't want to ship. If it's meant to be it's meant to be. Plus I think I have a pretty good relationship with a lot of the socal people here, and I know a lot of them would work with me if I really wanted something, and they know I'd do the same for them.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
^^True...I am pretty sure if the member has a built up relationship with the forum site then more than likely the seller would ship if they are a decent person. But if someone is hard to deal with or not a very active member I can see the complications.

I would LOVE to sell stuff locally rather than ship on big things like lip kit and wheels.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind, and I found this out recently, is you can actually ship via Greyhound Bus for large items. And it's cheap. You just drop the stuff off at the bus terminal, and the buyer picks it up at their local terminal. One of my friends bought a Type S front bumper and aspec lip from a guy in socal, shipped it via Greyhound and it was like $40 shipping.

acedomain

Reaction score
why not make a rule that, you have to have a certain amount of post and be an active member for x amount of months on the site to qualify for socal shipping(and then seller can say ill ship if you qualify) that way the socal peeps feel comfortable that they wont be wasting their time and if someone tries to get around that or still screws them over just give infractions .....or give them teh BAN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back