One thing that annoys the sht outta me (Rant content)....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nismode

Reaction score
Again, you misinterpret what I say. My strikes were there to keep things light... I'm not here to pick the poo out of your *** but I'm just showing you that it's what people do with their free will, so you have nothing to even rant about. People ship stuff all the time yeah but it's up to the seller. Honestly it's their loss, not yours. They sell it to make money. Parts come and go. I'm not biased at all. I don't know why you keep saying I am. Just because I live here does not include me in your argument. Slippery slope sir, slippery slope.

I know, I'm keeping it lighter than 2% milk, no worries.

I know it's up to the seller to do whatever, I'm not saying that they have to, I'm just ranting about it. Ranting is what people do when stuff is out of their direct control.

I'm not saying that you are included in those that I am referring to, it just seems that your stating of SoCal being this automotive Mecca makes it seem like you support the actions of those that I'm referring to. My bad if you thought I was referring to you.

Honestly it's their loss, not yours. They sell it to make money. Parts come and go.

To them the hassle outweighs the benefits

I couldn't agree with your 1st statement any more. Which is why I don't get it.

You say it would be selfish and lazy for someone to pick up the parts for you but honestly it's selfish of you to even question why they won't ship it in he first place.

Never said that it would be selfish/lazy to ask a friend to pick it up. I meant it was lazy for the seller to not want to ship it, selfish in the sense of not wanting to help out a fellow 6GA member, and it wouldn't cost them an extra penny, just a trip to the P.O. How is it selfish to question? Because I'm thinking of myself and getting the part? They're getting $$ for it/off their hands, I'm getting something I want/need, it's a win-win
confused1.gif

And yes, refusing to ship is the same as refusing a lowball. It's not your sale, so at the end of the day it doesn't matter what you think. People that offer lowballs think that it might be a fair offer, while others do not, in the same sense that you feel shipping is a fair offer. If it's not stated in the original post that they'll ship, then it's out of your hands. I'm not trying to own you in any way but you have no reason to even have this thread, which is why I posted in here. The reason you think it's ok is because it's not a big deal to you.

Wrong. Refusing a lowball is because one would be getting less than they want/the item is worth, and less money would be received. There's no "offer" involved with shipping. You give a quote, the buyer pays that much extra. Refusing to ship is out of laziness, and costs nothing to the seller, when the buyer pays for the shipping (and in some cases even the "hassle" of going to the post office). People still use snail mail, not everything is electronic.

Of course it doesn't matter what I think. Or what you think. Or what anyone thinks for that matter, that's why it's an open, free forum. My reason was to share a frustration that I have/had, and apparently it was shared with a few people. It isn't a big deal to me. The point? lol

Last edited:

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
As I also said before, personally I have shipped all sorts of stuff but you really shouldn't even rant because if it's not worth the seller's time it isn't worth yours either.

As far as the lowball/shipping analogy it is a difference in opinions and clearly you will not budge so I will leave you with this. To some, their time and effort is diminished through going out of their busy lives to get a quote when they could have the convenience of someone picking it up at their home, it is as simple as that. Just the time it takes TO THEM is not worth it. The reason you seem to disagree is because you say that already ready to purchase something. On your terms you are speaking strictly from a monetary standpoint, when there are obvious underlying factors which you refuse to accept in your own mind about other parties. Like I said, just because you will ship something or want to purchase something that is being shipped to you does not mean that the person wants to ship it. The offer is their time. To you it's laziness, to them its convenience.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
speaking generally...

i hate trying to coordinate meeting times and locations with people on craigslist. well...with strangers, to be honest about it. thats one of the reasons i like buying and selling on the internet. pay/get paid anytime...receive/ship when the deliveryman comes along :lawl: or if i need to drop something off, i can do it on the way to or fro somewhere.

yes...fro :lawl:

truWarier02

Reaction score
As I also said before, personally I have shipped all sorts of stuff but you really shouldn't even rant because if it's not worth the seller's time it isn't worth yours either.

As far as the lowball/shipping analogy it is a difference in opinions and clearly you will not budge so I will leave you with this. To some, their time and effort is diminished through going out of their busy lives to get a quote when they could have the convenience of someone picking it up at their home, it is as simple as that. Just the time it takes TO THEM is not worth it. The reason you seem to disagree is because you say that already ready to purchase something. On your terms you are speaking strictly from a monetary standpoint, when there are obvious underlying factors which you refuse to accept in your own mind about other parties. Like I said, just because you will ship something or want to purchase something that is being shipped to you does not mean that the person wants to ship it. The offer is their time. To you it's laziness, to them its convenience.

I'm with you on this one. Since majority of the members on here are from Cali, it's much easier to just have someone pick the item up and it is less time-consuming. I guess we often think that since there are so many Socal'ers, at least one will be interested in the item. I have shipped before and it IS pretty easy but I'd still rather prefer someone pick it up. Keep in mind, not everyone is in a rush to make a quick buck from their sale.. so they just wait for a local to pick it up instead.

Last edited:

iam_nas

Reaction score
I know that Socal has a lot of the Tuner community (largely of Asian descent I believe) there, but there are still huge communities outside of Cali. Sometimes I just wanna go to Cali myself so that I can get these damn parts and bring them back myself lol.

And yes, the parts are theirs, they can do what they want. It's just frustrating. Why refuse a sale/money?

thatsracistgm751224856460.gif

...why wasn't this whole thread closed? now you can attack a particular group of our community with no true reason and get away with it?... would you guys let a "NY/NJ/CT unappreciation thread" go on? "they're largely white and have uglier cars than socal heads..."... yeah that would fly right?... OP needs to suck it up and stop whining... so what if people don't wanna ship. that's their choice, and they're the ones missing out on the sale... you might as well make a thread bashing Honda for not sending Japanese cars to the U.S.... don't they know how many of us would buy them???... sometimes looking for a box, and packaging, and getting shipping quotes can be a pain in the azz, so why wouldn't people just wanna sell locally? have you ever tried finding a box for a bumper? or a hood?... that's more time consuming itself then just meeting up and having a face to face cash transaction with less possibility of getting scammed... ohh and L.A.>all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back