Ordering from T.A.S

pewyee

Reaction score
I'm about to place an order on T.A.S. I need to replace my brakes, is this all I need to order?

-98-02 4cyl STOCK FRONT ROTOR & BRAKE PAD PACKAGE

-90-02 STOCK REAR DRUM & BRAKE SHOE PACKAGE

I read somewhere on this forum that their brake pads are very dusty. If I get Greenstuff pads, will it squeak with the brakes from TAS?

ccordex00

Reaction score
probably not....you might wanna think about getting some brembo blanks for the front along with hawk pads, for the rear...I say stick to tasauto or if you are looking for performance do the rear disc convertion

pewyee

Reaction score
How much are brembo blanks and hawk pads? I'm on a budget, I need to get my timing belt replaced as well.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thats all you need as far as parts go. I have their pads, they suck. If you got greenstuff instead of their pads they probably wouldn't squeak b/c its a better quality pad.

ccordex00

Reaction score
I think they run for 70 (rotors) and the hawk hps for around 45-50, I have rotoras slotted front and back, with axxis pads, little dusty but the response is very good....I also changed the fluid and the brake lines....I suggest that you same some money before you do the brake upgrade so you can get quality parts all at once...

pewyee

Reaction score
How come when i drive my friend's car, their brake pedal seems stiff, but mine feels like theres not enough pressure? Does this mean I need to bleed the brakes?

ccordex00

Reaction score
change the fluid and check the brake lines...worn brake lines makes that "sponge" feeling on your brake pedal...that's why you need to check everything before you order the parts so you have a better idea.....

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I order from there b/c its easier than having to surf through other oem parts sites. It's all layed out for you. Cheaper than dealer sites.

Back