Original 5Zigen FN01R-Cs... restore or bury them?

Restore or bury the wheels?

• Restore

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Bury

Votes: 14 82.4%

• Total voters

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Too wide. 17x9 is better, IMO. 10 inch width and you have to really start modding to fit them, at least in the front.

NocturnalEvo

Reaction score
OP: i duno what size u have.. but from the pics, it looks like the same.

I'm selling a set of fn01rc's w/tires in that finish, in good condition, for roughly 1/4 of the price. Look @ my thread in for sale section if u haven't seen it already

Crono139

Reaction score
OP: i duno what size u have.. but from the pics, it looks like the same.

I'm selling a set of fn01rc's w/tires in that finish, in good condition, for roughly 1/4 of the price. Look @ my thread in for sale section if u haven't seen it already

17x7

I posted in your thread by the way.

Bax

Reaction score
Too wide. 17x9 is better, IMO. 10 inch width and you have to really start modding to fit them, at least in the front.

10 inches isn't impossible to fit on our cars though. And look at the concave. Lie to me and tell me you'd rather have the 7" wide over those 10" wide ones. Lie to my face you dirty liar.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
10 inches isn't impossible to fit on our cars though. And look at the concave. Lie to me and tell me you'd rather have the 7" wide over those 10" wide ones. Lie to my face you dirty liar.

I know sleepercell just did it :lawl: and of course I would take 10 over 7 any day. I would just prefer 9

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

I agree with clean. Wider always looks better, especially when it comes to rim concavity or lip depth. But I know how much work it took Kevin (SleeperCell) to fit 10” wide wheels in the front, you gotta be pretty dedicated and know what you’re doing. I personally wouldn’t want to mess with that.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score

Depends on what the purpose of the setup would be. I would have no issues running a 10inch wide front with 245/17's, however it would be for track purposes lol. My next setup will be 17x10 245/17s with 17x8 rear with 225/17s

OP: i dunno what size u have.. but from the pics, it looks like the same.

sell your beat up ones on craigslist for a couple hundred and buy NocturnalEvo's wheels. I agree with Wheelman. IF they were the forged wheels they could be worth fixing.

99accord boi

Reaction score
i have a set of fnoc's i restored myself, it was a really long process but i was happy with the outcome
they started life as bronze wen i bought them originall owner used em as track wheels so they were beat. i felt like painting them flat black since i was going to paint my car 3 months after i bought them but then i got over the look so i decided to polish the faces by hand
pics of em can be seen on my members ride page

Bax

Reaction score
I agree with clean. Wider always looks better, especially when it comes to rim concavity or lip depth. But I know how much work it took Kevin (SleeperCell) to fit 10” wide wheels in the front, you gotta be pretty dedicated and know what you’re doing. I personally wouldn’t want to mess with that.

Yeah definitely would have to be determined to fit them, but I mainly say 10 is better with these wheels, because they look soooo much better than the skinnier versions. the 10s have so much concave.
if they offered them in 9s with that much concave then yes, I'd be all over that. but sadly it's a go big or go home kinda deal, lol.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Yeah I agree. Amazing how different one rim can look in different widths/offsets. It pretty much becomes a different rim lol.

Back