Outfitting a 98 Accord LX Sedan

bwizard

Reaction score
Picked up a 2008 4 door Accord LX for use as a daily driver. Its got the factory 4 speaker set up, no tweeters up in the dash and a stock cassette head unit. I’ve added Alpine SPR-69 6x9’s in the rear and now ordered the Alpine SPR-60C Components for front. For the replacement head unit, I chose a new Alpine CDE-136BT. I’m looking for input on what I have purchased so far and suggestions on where to go with the amp, subs and wiring of everything to finish the system off. Looking for good clean and loud when I want to turn it up. Do I want to amplify all speakers or just the subs?

Thanks for being kind to an old man. :chucklesfawk:

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
The fronts: 110 rms
The rears: 100 rms
The headunit: 4x18 rms

To get the full power, which is what you should do, you should get a 4 channel. May be expensive to get the speakers full potential.

As far as the sub, you could get 1 or 2 alpine subs to complete it ;)
How many you get depends on how much space you want to maintain in the trunk. Soo.. How much? Also, how much power are you looking for.

And on another note have you gotten a high performance battery, alternator, or at the very least done the big three upgrade?

bwizard

Reaction score
No big three yet....Ill look that up asap. Money is not too big an objection....this has turned into a toy and I will eventually pass it along to out 14 year old, but for the next two years, shes all mine...... Id rather get it right the first time. I just need enough space in the trunk for a set of golf clubs and a few pairs of shoes....... Was thinking two 10's in a sealed box???? Is one amp sufficient for all the power?

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I would recommend at least the big three. Also some dynamat down the line. Two tens in a ported box would be great. One amp will the the job.

Here's a setup if you stick with all alpine, assuming money really is no object. This is all from onlinecarstereo

Subs: (2) Alpine SWR-1043D- $280
Amp: Alpine MRX-M240- $500
Box: Dual ported bass bunker ported box- $80 (crutchfield.com)
4-gauge wiring for install. Probably $100-120

Total: $960-980

The sub should be mounted in 1.15cu foot box, each chamber in that dual is 1.24 so that's close enough. Using that one amp you'll need to wire it like this:
4c64a9f7-e433-4158.jpg

And, that should be about everything. A system like that will bump really hard.

Edit: I put in a ported box, but I can point you toward a sealed one if thats actually what you would like.

bwizard

Reaction score
Thats very much in the budget..... Another amp to power the fronts and rears??? Id like to power everything as you suggested. Thank you for your input, exactly what I was looking for.

schmiddr2

Reaction score
I would not even bother with the rear speakers unless you just want it that little bit louder.

If you want to save space and money is not tight, then have a shop make you a fiberglass enclosure for the corner of the trunk ($300-500). Easily fit a good 12" and have room for you clubs. Like an SSA GCON-12 or an Type R or one of the hundreds of other subs that would work.

As for amps, 1500W is great if you want tons of bass, but 500W is plenty for enjoying the music. If you want a bass machine I understand.

If 500W is enough, then a 5-channel would save space. Like the Alpine PDX-V9 . This would not require the big 3, just a standard 4ga wiring kit.

As for install, since the tweets swivel I would put them in the sail panels. Might have to fabricate a mounting baffle, but that should not be hard at all. And for the mids, you need to make a baffle to mount them because they do not mount to the OEM locations. While you have the door off you should cover/seal the holes in the door to improve the speakers performance and sound.

EDIT: To give you an idea of the fiberglass enclosure and where to mount the amps I uploaded some pics: http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/album.php?albumid=843

Last edited:

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Alpine PDX-4.100 will handle all of you component speakers for $380. All though there are cheaper options, i would recommend that amp.

Use 4 gauge for the sub amp and 8 gauge for the speaker amp. You can get great priced kits at your local sound garage, I find online to be a ripoff.

If you have any more questions I'll be glad to answer them, I'm by no means an expert, just putting that out there.

Reps are appreciated for my time and effort ;)

Back