P1166 and P1167 codes

Youngsta

Reaction score
Whats Problems did You Felt 2 your car when u have this 2 codes.?

dreamliner77

Reaction score
I felt some rough idling and also noticed a big decrease in fuel efficiency.

Just got back from a 1,000 mile road trip and no new codes.

Youngsta

Reaction score
I Have The Same Problems And The Same Codes.!! What U Did For Erase This Codes.??

P.D I Have ulve engine.!

dreamliner77

Reaction score
I have a ODBII scan tool, but you can go to Auto Zone or Advance and they will read/erase the codes for you. For reference, I was able to get the Denso 234-9025 sensor from Advance for $115.99 + tax.

rafalc

Reaction score
Similar problem here. Got the 1166 code (primary sensor). I did a lot of research and read that most times the sensor is not bad and that it could be something else. So I followed the manual to test the sensor with a voltmeter. The voltage that was being passed by the sensor was acting very similar to another 6th gen with no CEL codes and the results were that the sensor was good (according to the manual and other online sources).

Has anyone experienced this? What else could I test? Don't want to get a new sensor just to find out the old was fine.

Thanks

rafalc

Reaction score
Similar problem here. Got the 1166 code (primary sensor). I did a lot of research and read that most times the sensor is not bad and that it could be something else. So I followed the manual to test the sensor with a voltmeter. The voltage that was being passed by the sensor was acting very similar to another 6th gen with no CEL codes and the results were that the sensor was good (according to the manual and other online sources).

Has anyone experienced this? What else could I test? Don't want to get a new sensor just to find out the old was fine.

Thanks

Even though the voltage test passed, I still went ahead and ordered a new sensor. I got it from Amazon for $160 ... sure beats the $300 at the store. If you have a 2002 Accord SE with ULEV..... Denso 9014 IS THE RIGHT PART. I would also suggest getting an O2 sensor socket.

I reset fuse 13, reconnected the battery and CEL is off....lets hope it stays off.

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score
I just cleaned my throttle body, iacv, and egr passage way because of a egr related code. The car now runs much better but is throwing the p1167 code. It seems to me that running dirty for awhile fouled up my o2 sensor. Just throwin it out there to see if this makes sense.

001Stunna

Reaction score
I just cleaned my throttle body, iacv, and egr passage way because of a egr related code. The car now runs much better but is throwing the p1167 code. It seems to me that running dirty for awhile fouled up my o2 sensor. Just throwin it out there to see if this makes sense.

The last post before you was on 07-29-2010, 11:03 AM. Nice of you to share an idea though just check how old the thread is next time.

As for your issue, clear the code and see if it comes back

in addition check your fuses for any blown ones and replace as necessary

Last edited:
Back