P1259 Car electricals shutting off! HELP!

PaNdAmOnIuM

Reaction score
UPDATE: Since the last time i posted nothing has happened. i changed the oil and everything magically went away. I have driven the car normal to work and out all weekend and during the week. This issue has not come up again so i am assuming it must have been a build up of sludge or oild because i was using the incorrect oil which will now never change from 5w30 and i change it about every 2 months. All of you guys great info will be put to great consideration and most all of them will be done as a precaution and as a maintenance to my vehicle. Thanks for all the help guys! I still feel very iffy about how just an oil change could fix this electrical problem but i guess for now it works well and i will keep my car up to date with everything it needs now.

clean all the battery terminal connections, all of the grounds and all of the main electrical distribution connections.

then see if you still have a problem.

I cleaned all of that same day when i took it to get checked out at Autozone.

Seems like one of the main sources of your problem. Your O2 sensors are probably reading incorrect readings which would explain your tachometer and car going crazy. It's good that you changed your oil already. Also, I would repair that leak asap so you don't have to deal with anymore issues. Seems like your alternator is on it's way out too so get that checked/replaced. Overall, sounds like the previous owner didn't take good care of the car so I would start putting a name brand oil in there such as Mobil 1 or Valvoline Synthetic so that you don't have to deal with the motor going bad or anything. I would check your spark plugs too and all your belts since the previous owner didn't do proper maintenance, it would explain a lot of the issues. I would try cleaning your Vtec solenoid first as it's not too hard to remove it and it would be extremely expensive to replace.

I have not yet replaced my CAT which i will then in turn replace the O2 sensors since im there. Yes i changed my oil and used Castrol 5w30. I have already replaced the spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor prior to this happening. The leak has been found and will be replaced this upcoming weekend as it is not too bad of a leak. Also the VTEC solenoid will be cleaned out tonight or tomorrow. Is there a gasket or anything that is there that i should replace or can i just take off, clean, and put back on? Thanks

issue: car randomly dying and hesitating
solution: alternator

issue: p1259
solution: check oil level, clean vtec solenoid filter screen, replace vtec solenoid if the solenoid itself is bad (you can search for the continuity between the two terminals inside the solenoid on yahoo, i can't remember them off the top of my head)

ps: and no the solenoid should not run $400, you can find and use the ones off of the f22 vtec and the h22s <-- can't remember for sure 100% if the h22 will work

as far as the alternator, idk since i never had to replace mine

Car was never hesitating and the only thing ever dying was the guages and the radio and climate control, basically just all the electricals. For the alternator though i figure i might as well replace it with a new one anyways. Just thinking of some preventative maintenance and dont want to get stuck anywhere because of it.
Thanks for the info!

kwak123

Teehee
Reaction score
just saying, be sure to check yoru oil frequently. how many miles since your engine gaskets have been changed? good preventative step for the future, replace your gaskets and it keeps your engine from losing oil without telling you through drips or smell

PaNdAmOnIuM

Reaction score
your right. i honestly dont really know. money is tight now but once my taxes come atleast half is going to maintaining this and making sure this car runs smoothly from now on. I will end up replacing everything i can within the next month or so.

Back