Paint Job holding up fine after 5 months :)

Kyle0614

Reaction score
I originally posted some pics after it was finished earlier in the year, but never said where it was done,

for you Maaco haters*atlantic ave. Maaco in Raleigh, (it was all we could afford) was $2200 for everything including previous owner side body work which needed to be done.

I live in Greenville, NC, the same job would have easily been $4k here....
No orange peel, etc....

Toyota Black :)

But, basically just a whore pic because I washed it :D

e53370d4.jpg

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
uuhh.. how abt some close up pix eh? can't judge a paintjob from tht distance... :nutkick:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^What I was going to say.

Btw I would protect your investment by getting a clearbra on your lip if you have one. And the bumper.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Did you do all the prep work or did they do it?

Not a big fan of them in the west, their paint will last about 2 years max then it will start to get ugly.

Over here a lot of local autobody can paint a full car for $2,000-$2500. That is including all the prep, fix dings/dents, bondo, sand, primer, wet sand, paint and clear coat. They do a really good job aswell if you can maintain the cars paint.

Car looks good, if the clear coat or paint doesn't start to fade within 1 1/2 - 2 years then ill give you props.

Kyle0614

Reaction score
Did you do all the prep work or did they do it?

Not a big fan of them in the west, their paint will last about 2 years max then it will start to get ugly.

Over here a lot of local autobody can paint a full car for $2,000-$2500. That is including all the prep, fix dings/dents, bondo, sand, primer, wet sand, paint and clear coat. They do a really good job aswell if you can maintain the cars paint.

Car looks good, if the clear coat or paint doesn't start to fade within 1 1/2 - 2 years then ill give you props.

They did all the prep work... As I stated in my first post, the same exact job would have been $4,000 here because we have nothing but independant body shops that charge outrageous prices for labor mainly because we only have 80,000 population here and they probably think that there is know one dumb like me who will drive 80 miles and save nearly $2K, I'll take that trade all day for just a little road trip of only 1hr 15min of driving time :)

Back