Panel Gauge Problem

jask488

Reaction score
My panel gauge would sometimes work but most of the time doesnt. RPM, speedometer and odometer would stop working all at the same time, and if the panel gauge would work, the 3 would start working all at the same time as well, fuel meter and temperature work just fine. Do i have a problem with wiring or is it the whole panel gauge?

james'99

Reaction score
My panel gauge would sometimes work but most of the time doesnt. RPM, speedometer and odometer would stop working all at the same time, and if the panel gauge would work, the 3 would start working all at the same time as well, fuel meter and temperature work just fine. Do i have a problem with wiring or is it the whole panel gauge?

Sounds like it is losing power. Does your odometer work when the other gauges are not?

jask488

Reaction score
No, RPM, speedometer and odometer will work and will stop working all at the same time.

jask488

Reaction score
When this happens, the engine doesn't cut out at all? Ignition switch is a common failure on this car.

no, but when the panel gauge isnt working, like most of the time, theres a delay when shifting my transmission, like if i switch it to reverse i have to wait like two seconds for the shifting to happen, but if the panel gauge is working, everything runs smooth when i shift the transmission.

Back