Parts car questions!!!

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
found a 99 accord 4door I4 on cl today that was wreaked in the front, hears the description "I have a 1998 Honda accord ex sedan for sale. Would rather sell as a whole asking 800.00 obo. Engine and automatic transmission that are in the car came out of my 2000 accord which had 123k miles. The body of this car has about 190-200k. The transmission was rebuilt at 99k by the Honda dealership and i still have the warranty paperwork in my possession for proof. Car was involved in a front end collision, but still cranks and runs. Parts that are damaged include the hood, left fender, front bumper, radiator support, radiator,and power steering. I have already sold the cat and stereo.
I am willing to sell the engine and/ or transmission seperately and have a Honda mechanic to remove major components if necessary. Let me know of your offer."

I would keep the trani as a backup and use the wheels and the headers and the side skirts and maybe the mirrors and seats. i have the VP which has manual windows, mirrors and door locks. if i get the parts car, how difficult would it be to get the power functionality of the windows and door locks? mirrors i dont really care about, mostly the windows. door locks would be nice but not necessary. for the windows im assuming i can take the door panels and window motor and the rail and all that and swap it into mine? or would it be better to swap the door entirely? but then what about the locks? i dont think the 99 ex had SSM paint anyway :( it is silver though, just unsure which silver. how would i get power to the windows and the locks if i decided to do those too? if i do end up getting it(need to talk to my dad since im still living at home) whatever i didnt need i would part out to get my money back out of it. would that be doable? if i do get it, let me know if you need something from it so i can know upfront. im really excited about this. any opinions or concerns?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Pics of parts car and your car.

If you were to swap the doors, you would need the wiring harnesses as well.

If you are handy with electrical, I would say just swap the doors/harnesses, rather than try and remove everything from the parts car.

Brad2274

Reaction score
should just have to swap the door wiring harnesses to get the power function, not sure if the frames of the doors are the same where the motors/crank arms hook up to the doors, but it would be a b**** to remove and swap the regulators and door lock actuators to all four doors, easier to just swap doors. id say buy the whole thing, i bought a 99 v6 ex parts coupe for $1100, used all the front end panels for my car, got mint oem wheels, and ive sold close to $800 in parts so far and i still have another 1000 in parts not including a good motor and tranny :D

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
i passed on the car. it was wrecked and sitting for about a year. i got some more pics and decided it wasnt worth what i could get out of it and the amount of hassel it would be getting it home and storing everything. if i had more room a def would have done it. oh well

Back