Passenger Window

RichBinAZ

Reaction score
Electrical problems are so tricky. Seems like you are tracking the problems down quite well though.
Logically a switch is just a switch. If you see no evidence of circuitry around or in the switch then you can eliminate that.
Could the switch have worn enough to send current into the return wire?? I think you said that you tried 4 switches on this regulator and it only works on the drivers side.

I think your switches are OK

So how is the resistance to motion? The motor, or circuit controlling the motor, shuts off when it reaches a certain current level. Could the mechanism be so stiff to operate, that it is fooling the motor into thinking it has reached the end of it's travel??? does the window go up and down easily without the motor attached???

This is all just guess work - perhaps it will help???
Rich

Jokon

Reaction score
I've powered the motor mounted in the door frame with the glass attached and it works exactly as it should but only works when directly powered to the battery. I tested the amperage from the end of cable that goes to window motor from the switch and it says constant until I push the switch up or down. I don't if that is how it is supposed to work. I did by accident touch the positive and negative for a split second to the motor and it did not allow any power to the motor for about 30 seconds. This made me think that perhaps the switch is doing the same thing by chance causing the motor to be unusable since it keeps tripping the safety mechanism within the motor. I don't if this is an accurate assumption but it's the only guess I have. I have not been able to test any other switches since the only way that will happen is if I pay a shop to look at it or I go out a purchase another switch from a junkyard or supplier.

RichBinAZ

Reaction score
I wonder if it could be one of the power relays (grasping at straws now)
There are lots of them here just look under control unit cabin and engine room.

I can't help you find which one - did it throw any codes??

Back