performance mods

minituck04

Reaction score
and i guess this place is just like streetsourcemag.com someone asks a question because he doesnt know and the "regulars" jump his ***. i got on here because i dont know these cars so maybe the regulars might be able to help me. thats all i was asking. so again, as far as bolt on performance whats out there for our motors that doesnt require tearing into them. and thanks TOTAL for letting me know that the header is not the real mccoy.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Get rid of your catalytic converter, depending on where you live. Don't worry about lost low end torque, we don't have any to lose. 6th Gen Cat's go bad early anyway.

minituck04

Reaction score
well ive been reading up and someone swapped out their canister with a magnaflow muffler. so i think im just going to buy a cat back and swap out the muffler with one from magnaflow.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
If your trying to fly under the radar, go with the Apex'i World Sport 2 catback. Super quiet, allmost like stock, untill you get on the throttle. Still, get rid/gut the cat.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, the apexi ws2 cat back would be great for you. id keep the intake, just wrap it with heat wrap or custom make a heat shield like shavedaccord said. also, id opt for a new header, cuz if yours looks like that one, then its a 4-1 flow design and those are really only good for top end. get a megan one or dc one witha a 4-2-1 design, those are better for all around preformance in the powerband. pulley kits are good, if you really wanna get one, i would suggest the Unorthodox Racing (UR) SS pulley kit. you get pulleys for the alt, PS pump, and crank, and people have felt improvements from the butt dyno with these. but if you get that, i wouldnt suggest running a system cuz youll end up killing your alt.

other then that, you got any pics of your old truck? assuming you had one. i love lowered trucks and stuff, actually ive been thinking about maybe getting one in the future, haha, theyre so sick.

minituck04

Reaction score
thats the answer i was looking for. so ill go get the pulleys and the exhaust. my best friend races cars so he has the header wrap. as far as the stereo. ill have none. i will be upgrading my speakers. i have a pioneer premier deh-p780mp with the ipod interface. i have mb quart component set premium set. 6.5 doors and 1" ti tweeters. dont think i want to use them though. maybe get infiniti's or focal. change out the 6x9 as well. i like clean crisp music. not get beat to death. and my truck was bagged bodydropped and shaved. backhalf. custom made 3 link wishbone, suspension set up fro 18/20 combo. smooth back firewall. i know my way around a welder not a honda. but i really do appriciate all the help SKETCH. ill email you some pics.

minituck04

Reaction score
oh and it was a nissan hardbody. single cab i know how to take that apart with my eyes closed

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
The Japanese Accords didn't even have F23 motors.

Yes they did.

Just get some header wrap and keep the cai. Apexi WS2, Magnaflow, HKS are all pretty quiet.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
minituck04 said:
but i really do appriciate all the help SKETCH. ill email you some pics.

its no problem, i was reading thru the thread and i was like damn, people are more concerned about this dudes "spoon" header then actually telling him some sh!t, so i figured id set it straight, hahaha. i know my way around a honda and not a welder, haha, as in, i really only understood bagged, bodydropped, shaved, nissan hardbody, and custom from your post, hahahaha. but im sure ill learn eventually if i really get into small trucks. ill PM you my email.

Back