Photography Shoutbox

Fundillo

Reaction score
i wish i knew my way around film. **** i wish i took classes :sad:
ive been trying to get into a photo class since i started college lol
i love teh pinhole cameras!:naughty:

xluben

Reaction score
It just seems like a lot of people want to get into the hobby/business, but have no appreciation for the artistic and historic aspects of photography.
That'd be like saying you don't know anything about cars if you can't rebuild a carb.

To me it doesn't matter if the shot was taken with a $50 P&S, a good photo is a good photo.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
help this noob out

ISO: lower number = less grainy, best for bright sunny shot
high number = grainy, use for real dark night shots

shutter speed: lower the # = freeze time shots
mid # = some blur, good for panning shots
high #/seconds = only good for dannys setup where you run arround at night with a flash bu;b and flash at multiple angles

aperture: high number = everything is in focus, good for landscapes
low number = blurs background somewhat

macro is a setting in which the camera allows close up shots

did i get anything wrong?

i think thats right...just remember that alot of cameras show 1/30th of a second as 30....so the difference between 30 seconds and 1/30th of a second could be only this symbol...."

and long shutters can also be used to only capture ambient light...i just used flash with it because i was trying it out to see what it'd look like

tnguyen600

Reaction score
just to note...canon's speedlite is ridiculously amazing. Everyone should buy one. The ability to bounce the light off of a ceiling or wall is crazy nice plus the ETTL is nicee

Last edited:

Raymond

Reaction score
I did/done/do film! I have a Nikon N65 with the kit lens that I had to buy for my black and white photography class. It's a lot of fun. I kinda want to sell it and buy a Canon SLR film camera that I can mount my EF glass to. Not sure which one to go for though.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Go with a Canon EOS 3, they arent like $600 like the EOS 1, but you still get an excellent camera. I can sell you my Rebel G if you want for like $50 shipped.

finch13

Reaction score
I've been eyeing up a Canon Elan 7ne, fairly similar in features to the N65, but I don't have time or money for film at this point in my life... I should put my photo paper up for sale....

Anyone interested in like 30 sheets of semi-matte 8x10 and about 75 sheets of semi-matte 5x7? :deal:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Maybe we should have a 6GA photo meet and we all make pinhole cameras? :lawl:
one of these days ill buy a pinhole body cap off ebay...world pinhole photo day is in april sometime...id be down :naughty:

I've been eyeing up a Canon Elan 7ne, fairly similar in features to the N65, but I don't have time or money for film at this point in my life...
if i have time and money to shoot film...anyone does :smash:

finch13

Reaction score
one of these days ill buy a pinhole body cap off ebay...world pinhole photo day is in april sometime...id be down :naughty:

if i have time and money to shoot film...anyone does :smash:

I lack the time more than the money... plus id have to find space for an enlarger...

Nismode

Reaction score
I have an old Konica Minolta Maxxum 400si film camera if anyone is interested in it. Just needs a fix to the shutter...There's a gap in it (rip?) I got it from my old art teacher in HS. Haven't had the time to even do much with it.

In other news, I've realized I'm gonna need a 70-200 f/2.8 lens at some point if I'm gonna go any further with my photography. Just gonna need to save up/make some money with my current lenses to do that...

Latest posts

Back