Photography Shoutbox

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
I carry 3 lenses with me also. I have the Tamron 10-24 which, like Jon said, is basically a specialized lense but the 24mm gives me the option of shooting a wider range of subjects. I also carry my nifty fifty f/1.4 and the 55-200mm. I am looking at getting a 55-300 because the 200 just is not enough of a zoom. I was thinking about just selling my kit lense, but they go for like 9 bucks on ebay :lawl:

kn0x47

Reaction score
Just curious, why you're upgrading your camera body already?

I still love that lens too. It's got to be one of the best options for your money out there.

I think I've decided on eventually running with the Sigma 10-20mm (or other wide angle), Nikon's 35mm 1.8, and the 55-300mm as lenses.

I decided to upgrade my body (D3000 -> D5100) so I'm not sure how long until I pick up the 55-300mm but they are pretty affordable at least.

The 35mm prime is really a fantastic lens, to the point that I never use my 18-55 zoom anymore. The ONLY reason I would ever put it on is if I needed something wider, like for interior real estate shots.

For how I use my camera and the equipment I already have, I wouldn't get enough use out of the 17-50mm Sigma.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Had the D3000 for a few years now, noise really limits your ISO. Like to the point I'd try and keep it at or under 400. I've kicked around the thought of upgrading my body for a while, just wasn't ready to before. Also while it's not a priority, the video mode on the d5100 will be fun to mess around with.

kn0x47

Reaction score
Had the D3000 for a few years now, noise really limits your ISO. Like to the point I'd try and keep it at or under 400. I've kicked around the thought of upgrading my body for a while, just wasn't ready to before. Also while it's not a priority, the video mode on the d5100 will be fun to mess around with.

Well cool man. Its well worth the money. Cmos sensors are so much better.

iHazSnail

Reaction score
yes i did and possibly moving to a 5dmkiii by the end of the month :eusa_drool:

Nismode

Reaction score
yes i did and possibly moving to a 5dmkiii by the end of the month :eusa_drool:
wtf wow...money to burn lol. I hope you know that it's not so much the camera that enables you to take better photos...just saying it might be wise to save your money and invest it elsewhere.

Sell me your 7D.

And if anyone is interested, I have a 50D w/grip and T2i w/grip for sale. 50D has the Magic Lantern firmware

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
Are there differences in the strengths of flashes? Like between models? My flash doesn't seem to have enough range for what I'm using it for.

When I go to the races I can shoot cars that are running the inside lanes fine, but the light hit the cars on the outside well at all. Is there something I can add to my flash or do I have to upgrade to something better? Any suggestions for a Nikon user?

Back