Picked up an Eibach Pro-System and I have a few questions

TB13

Reaction score
Whats up guys, I've had my 6th gen a while now and I recently came into some money and found an awesome deal on a lightly used Pro-System locally.

So here are my questions:

Do I need to replace any of the bushings in the top hats or is it okay just to swap them over?

Should I take the shocks off and take them to a shop to have the springs removed or should I do okay with the spring compressor they lend at Auto Zone?

Thanks for the help guys! I did try searching, but I couldn't find a definitive answer to these questions.

Last edited:

TB13

Reaction score
Re: Picked up and Eibach Pro-System and I have a few questions

Sell it and buy some coils.

Even if I did sell it and made some profit, I still couldn't afford coils, plus my car is my daily driver that I drive for at least 2 hours to school and to work. I still would like a comfortable ride with a bit of a drop to complement my 18's without having to purchase a camber kit.

tl:dr its a DD, I don't want it "Hella Flush"

Mikey

Reaction score
Re: Picked up and Eibach Pro-System and I have a few questions

I take it that it's a full pro kit? Compressor should be okay, just be careful and don't do anything you don't feel comfortable doing. If the bushings look or sound worn, change them. IDK your mechanical expertise but if YOU can't tell, again, have a shop do it. Don't be ashamed to let professionals do it.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I don't think bushings in top hats need replaced, but not like it can hurt. Spring compressors are easy to use, just go slow, and keep turning both sides, alternating. For the front I recommend turning the wheel toward whichever side you're working on, and pull the shock assembly out toward the front of the car. For the rear, do yourself a favor and get a 4ft section of steel pipe to leverage the suspension.

TB13

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I went ahead and did the install last night with the help of my dad. Quite the experience. Everything went together as planned and the bushings in the top hats were still in good condition.

I can't believe how much different the car drives now! When I corner there is no more excessive body roll and it seems to grip the corners much better now. Its like driving a completely different car.

As for the drop, its still got the infamous "boat" look, but it cut the fender gap in half, so I am happy. Maybe I will pick up some sport lines and see how those look.

TB13

Reaction score
Sorry for the terrible picture, but here it is

Like I said, not a huge difference. I have 215/35/18's on it, so at stock I had a massive fender gap.

Here is it stock with my wheels dipped black

Last edited:

its_budddah

Reaction score
How much did the springs claim to lower and it actually lower? We got the same size of rims/tires lol

Back