Picked up free Pioneer speakers, now what?

Casper

Reaction score
To start off, I drive a 1998 Accord 5 speed w/ 77k original miles.

My uncle gave me these speakers because he never got around to using them. They are NIB. The issue is, I have no clue how/where to install them. I know they don't go on the front doors. Do they go on the back doors or above the back seats? How hard are they to install?

speaker2.jpg

speaker1.jpg

Thanks in advance!
-Casper

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
They are 6x9, they go in the rear. Easy to install, takes like
30 minutes even for someone who doesnt know what theu are doing.

Just Google it up or just unbolt the screws holding the speakers, i forget but you might need to take off the speaker covers hiding the screws.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Those will just go in your rear deck, no issues. Go to crutchfield.com and get a harness for your car so you don't have to do any splicing for the speakers.

To install, go in your trunk, and take the screws that hold the speaker covers out. To out the speaker covers and your oem ones will be exposed. Take out those and disconnect the wiring harness. Take the wiring harness you got from crutchfield, and attach it to the new speaker. Then plug it in to the oem plug, and use the oem screws to secure your speakers. Then put your speaker covers back in, not the ones that come with the new speakers. Put the screws in the trunk back in and your done. All in all its very very simple.

Hope this helps!

gt58

Reaction score
So you didn't buy 4 harnesses? Each one you buy comes with 2.

i bought one pair. for the 6x9's

the 6.5's werent planned but i found a good deal so i got it after i bought the harness

the one pair should be good for the back two 6x9's right? they are single voice coil speakers so they should only have one plug per side yeah?

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Yeah that'll be fine for the rears. You could just crimp prong connectors onto the factory wiring for the front.

gt58

Reaction score
Yeah that'll be fine for the rears. You could just crimp prong connectors onto the factory wiring for the front.

yeah i was thinking about that or soldering it idk what imma do yet.

im kinda a noob and never taken off the door panel or rear speaker covers. are they pretty easy to do??

i have to take the door panel off for the 6.5's right? what about the rear speakers, do i just remove the cover or do i have to remove the whole thing?

Back