Pics of Detailed Underhood

ManyLivesToLive

Reaction score
I said the other day that I was going to replace some bolts under the hood of my Accord, and tonight I did. I started by cleaning and polishing the letters on the valve cover. Then I messed around with adding different types of studs, nuts and washers; I went through a few styles, but I think I know which ones that I will go with.

Anyway, this is what I started out with:
hv7abq.jpg

...and after polishing the letters...
21eb0g0.jpg

I installed black studs and yellow-zinc washers on the valve cover...
2hnwa54.jpg

wl3x9y.jpg

But decided on some stainless hardware instead, and left the black studs for the thermostat housing, exhaust, P/S pump, etc.
e63slj.jpg

wtuib7.jpg

z0481.jpg

v67tki.jpg

2vltbid.jpg

I think that this cleaned up the engine bay, without looking like a ricer.

I also got a pic of what I am going to do with my fender bolts. In the picture they aren't painted yet, but I will be painting them body color so that they will not stick out any....I want the valve cover the only thing to stick out, since I believe that Honda really made a beautiful piece of art with their motors.
2rfy1ab.jpg

Last, but not least, here are some other pieces of hardware that have been used for valve covers and fenders. I may try them out later.
jqgi83.jpg

6rhhg6.jpg

axhcvm.jpg

2mqkdfp.jpg

wt6d01.jpg

...Oops. I think I just got censored. Sorry, Mod.

Last edited:

Raymond

Reaction score
It's the little details like that that make the biggest difference, nice work man. :)

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Good job.. must have taken a while though. Please post bolt dimensions to make it easier for others who decide to do this.

Back