Picture Request: '01-'02 coupe bumper w/ painted grilles

6genaccord

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure all after-market coupe grills fit, whether the bumper needs to be cut or not. I know it's one piece but I thought it was a reasonable alternative as the OP said there was going to be repainting anyway.

I just did the same thing for my sedan's upper grill (cut and paint) I'll post pictures once I install my splitter.

Raymond

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure all after-market coupe grills fit, whether the bumper needs to be cut or not. I know it's one piece but I thought it was a reasonable alternative as the OP said there was going to be repainting anyway.

I just did the same thing for my sedan's upper grill (cut and paint) I'll post pictures once I install my splitter.

Nah, she just wants to tape off the grille when the bumper is off the car for the headlight swap, and paint the grilles black. The rest of the bumper/car is remaining the same, no paintjob happenin'.

MikeyMike

Reaction score
IMO painted black or sumthing will look better. It offsets the front.. that with some black housings :: thumbs up ::

LoveLee

Reaction score

they will fit, but i refuse to cut part of my bumper. its simpler to paint.

MikeyMike

Reaction score
they will fit, but i refuse to cut part of my bumper. its simpler to paint.

it will fit, but it will have nothing to mount to... the 98-99 bumper has tabs for push clips, just paint it black and ur good, i know some people have shaved the grill to make it look like the 98-99's

Levi

Reaction score
u dont have to cut it, if u have the money you can buy the '99 coupe bumper which comes with the replaceable grill.

Back