Pioneer remote control

cdubb77

Reaction score
O.K. My stoopid remote for my Pioneer head unit hasn't worked in months. :rolleyes: I'm going to finally replace it. I went to a local audio shop and they want $50.00 to order a new one. :confused: I don't think so. I'll get one on Ebay. I'm pretty sure they're universal but I'm not sure. Are they?

502331_23.jpg

cdubb77

Reaction score
Last edited:

talonted1990

Reaction score
cdubb77 said:
That price isn't bad but I think I've seen them a little cheaper on Ebay. That's not the correct part number. My part number is CXC 3173. Here's mine: http://www.partstore.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductSKU=5485244&ProductType=ACCS It isn't available though.

I guess they are universal?

I think they are universal because I have a bigger one with alot more buttons and the smaller one and they both work on my headunit.

I will check the model # and see if it is the same as yours. If it is I will sell you one of my remotes. I have three.

cdubb77

Reaction score
talonted1990 said:
I think they are universal because I have a bigger one with alot more buttons and the smaller one and they both work on my headunit.

I will check the model # and see if it is the same as yours. If it is I will sell you one of my remotes. I have three.

Good lookin' out. Thanks man. Let me know soon though because there are a couple cheap ones on Ebay.

talonted1990

Reaction score
cdubb77 said:
Good lookin' out. Thanks man. Let me know soon though because there are a couple cheap ones on Ebay.

I checked the one that was in my Accord and it is a model # CXB8743. I still have another one in my Civic but the car is at my house so it will be later today before I can check it.

cdubb77

Reaction score
talonted1990 said:
I checked the one that was in my Accord and it is a model # CXB8743. I still have another one in my Civic but the car is at my house so it will be later today before I can check it.

Kool. Thanx for the update.

cdubb77

Reaction score
talonted1990 said:

Don't worry about it anymore man. I put in a bid on Ebay yesterday not expecting to win and I did. I got it for $19.00 with shipping. Item number: 5810342902 Thanx for the effort any way.

Back