Plasti Dip?

BXR4T

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Yes, I did search, and yes I am newer on this thread but not new to cars. I was wondering what you guys thought about using Plasti Dip on the entire car? My car has chips, etc. and was wondering what your thoughts were on using the white plastidip on my all ready white car? So basically, taking it from gloss white to matte white. Any and all input is appreciated. Thank you!

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
I can't wait for people to stop plasti dipping car parts. Seriously.

What's going to happen is that you're going to do it and you'll think it looks sweet for about a week, then it'll start peeling off and your car will look like it has leprosy.

BXR4T

Reaction score
Well, i was meaning kinda like http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/431198-Stormtrooper-S4-matte-white-pd-2 <this, but without the matte black. Just to give my car a new vibrant white look without the new paint job price. I am not planning on keeping the car forever, so it will also help keep the paint nicer since i drive up to 100 miles a day on the freeway. I have also toyed around with the matte red... This fonzie guy said that it would need to be reapplied every 12 months due to it losing its bondability after 12 months. I may give it a shot on my bumper at first to see if I like it or not.

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
It's not going to last and it will look like shit...

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
It won't last even with perfect prep. It'll chip the 1st day. Plasti dip is a cheap pos product that you can literally rub off with your finger.

I'm sick of this plasti dip bs. Even on interior pieces It's crap

MrJAcc01ord

Reaction score
It won't last even with perfect prep. It'll chip the 1st day. Plasti dip is a cheap pos product that you can literally rub off with your finger.

I'm sick of this plasti dip bs. Even on interior pieces It's crap

My interior part that I made and plasti-dipped is holding up well. I guess it's because it is something that isn't constantly being touched, so to say that the results on the exterior will be the same may not be correct.
Still, I say interior pieces should be ok.

15thJuly024.jpg

Last edited:

xIrvin

Reaction score
Idk about using it on an entire car. But i've done it on my wheels before came out decent, Never peeled nothing. I plan on doing it to my sideskirts too because they're a dull *** grey -__-. I don't want to sand them and then paint them cuz from what i've read its a ***** to sand them all the way down

j30accord

Reaction score
i plasti dipped my interior and it came out mint idk if I would do my exterior but if you prep it good enough I don't see why it wouldn't last

Back