Please Help Me =((.

olivesomra

Reaction score
After i got off work i got on the freeway, enjoying my music...when all the sudden the cars electric shuts off completely with the engine.

It quickly comes back on, and happens again and again. SO i pull over and start thinking that my alternator is fu**ing up...

I shut off my stereo (i do have a system) and rev the engine, hoping to charge the battery/alternator.

I then proceed to drive back on the freeway, and it happens again.

i exited off the freeway and drove on the street the rest of the way home with no problems.

any suggestion guys? its obviously something electrical, but i don't know where to start....

update: I just took it to autozone and they said its not the alternator, that its an electrical problem. At least he ruled one thing out....

Last edited:

1slosedan

Reaction score
I had something similiar to this happen once.. I was driving going about 45. My car turned off, my headlights, engine, everything. I put it in nuetral while I was rolling and turned it back on. It never happened again...

JDMFanatik

Reaction score
the way to check your alternator is to turn your can on and disconnect both battery terminals. if your car shuts off then it might be a an alternator problem. if it doesnt turn off then your alternator is working properly. good luck.

dynasty

Reaction score
you could go to autozone and let them check it for free. ;]

nyknick1015

Reaction score
its the ignition switch... thats how it started with me... the dash flickered and then was fine for a while till it started to shut off on me every now and again...

AFAccord

Reaction score
If the alternator was having issues it wouldn't charge the battery, and when the car drained the battery, the lights would dim out, instrument panel lights would all start to light up as if it were just switched to the ON position until it choked down because of lack of power to make a spark.

I just replaced mine this week because of this. Your issue is not an alternator, but rather an ignition switch or main relay.

cajun

Reaction score
Free? Is there an extended warranty on the ig switch?

Back