please help me..

turbocayenne

Reaction score
thanx guys for the informations. btw, are there any effects if i don't replace it with the new one. so i just let the CEL on... effects???

Twobit

Reaction score
screw mechanics. They're like cops, they pretty much have to power to tell anyone anything thats wrong with their car, and potentially the part needing to be fixed could only be a couple bucks! POWER ABUSE=ghey

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Haha - after market intake causing the cat to go bad, that's hilarious. What is your CEL code? I just got the code talonted mentioned P0420 (bank 1 02 sensor) so I'll be replacing that in the next week or so. BTW this is like the 5th time I've gotten it so I guess now's the time to replace it, and I have a new cat although its probably busted now.

Jeffro

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
Haha - after market intake causing the cat to go bad, that's hilarious. What is your CEL code? I just got the code talonted mentioned P0420 (bank 1 02 sensor) so I'll be replacing that in the next week or so. BTW this is like the 5th time I've gotten it so I guess now's the time to replace it, and I have a new cat although its probably busted now.

You probably smacked it on that 3' high manhole in Canton, lol...

demon5spd

Reaction score
Looking at how many miles car has on it i would say that replacing the cat is a must the longer you leave it like that the worse it's going to get, we get alot of cars in the shop thinking they have transmission problems , due to the car not being able to barely move, 1 out of 5 cars that come in there will be a cel for the cat becuase they let it go for to long and clogged the cat and had to get towed, best bet is to just replace it.

Another good reason is that you really want you cel light to work probally since it will be on all the time if there is something else wrong with the car that could possiblely damage the motor you'll never know since your check engine light is already on.

Back