Please help with brake, and steering wheel issues

johnnxiv

Reaction score
So when I first bought my accord 02, the brake was excellent, it slow down the car just like a brand new car's brake. My steering wheel spin was very smooth just like a brand new car.

After I bought it to a mechanic to do my timing belt and water pump, my brake become lose, it doesn't slow the car down as good as before, basically I have to press twice as hard to slow down at the same rate as I first I got the car. My steering wheel spin is much harder to spin than when I first got the car.

I checked the brake fluid and the steering wheel fluid, they are both at good level.
What can I do to improve my brake and steering wheel?

johnnxiv

Reaction score
My brake pads are still very good, has the car for 2 months. My brake fluid is in good level.
20140118_193444-1000.jpg

When I turn my steering wheel, there is no sound, but today I feel that its
getting a little bit harder. It is much harder than 2 month ago.
20140118_193557-1000.jpg

Mile:90,9xx
After I get my car back from the auto mechanic, my Brake Lamp did turn on, I ask him he say one of my brake light is out which is extremely weird because my brakes lights were perfect fine before go to the shop. So I bought brake bulbs and install it and the Brake Lamp is gone.
An example from google
maxresdefault.jpg

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
You could have air in the system from when mechanic took it all apart to do the belt...bleed the brakes and see if that changes anything...good luck

johnnxiv

Reaction score
I open the hood, and turn my steering wheel left and right. The steering pump connected to the engine does make little noise and it shake a little bit. Does this mean something wrong with the pump?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
timing belt and water pump has nothing to do with the braking system.... did the mechanic touch anything on the brake system?

Back