Please use Search Feature Registration email?

MikeyMike

Reaction score
maybe when people sign up, and you get that email that says HEY WELCOME TO 6GA!!!! it should have in HUGE BOLD letters.

PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE SEARCH FEATURE, maybe we can calm down the nubs with those threads that everyone hates

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
ehhh 2 tell you the truth i don't think many people would pay attention to stuff like that..i don't think anybody really reads rules anymore :(

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
+1 People don't read anything.

What MIGHT work is to set it up so that new people can only create new threads and post under "Intro" and "Member Rides" until they have 20 posts, maybe 10. This might force new people to search for info right off the rip, since they wont be able to create new threads under the tech forums.

I dunno, just an idea. I'm tired.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score

What MIGHT work is to set it up so that new people can only create new threads and post under "Intro" and "Member Rides" until they have 20 posts, maybe 10. This might force new people to search for info right off the rip, since they wont be able to create new threads under the tech forums.

word, we should have a separate sub forum, the "noob forum", and they can only post there til they have like 10 or so posts. not many, but itll keep them from making the dumb threads in the legit sections.

SilverStreet

Reaction score
+1 for post requirements...I think I have like 1.5 posts. My first post got a volley of "SEARCH!!!!" and so I did. It is nice to have feedback from people who have had their cars a little longer, but thats what PMs are for. Asking "What exhaust is the super coolest???!!!???" isn't gonna get anybody anywhere anyway. It's more rewarding to review and research everything yourself and then ask a few questions along the way. I think the review stickies are great and a link to those right off the bat when you sign up would be helpful...but like I said +1 for post requirements. You senior members can come off as a little unhelpful and brash, but its because the same question is asked a thousand times. One more GUI recommendation...make the search its own separate frame with a search field all visible...I know it sounds nit picky but I think if you had search in big bold letters and a convenient search field right under it, it might procure a little more searching by the newer members.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
+1 for post requirements...I think I have like 1.5 posts. My first post got a volley of "SEARCH!!!!" and so I did. It is nice to have feedback from people who have had their cars a little longer, but thats what PMs are for. Asking "What exhaust is the super coolest???!!!???" isn't gonna get anybody anywhere anyway. It's more rewarding to review and research everything yourself and then ask a few questions along the way. I think the review stickies are great and a link to those right off the bat when you sign up would be helpful...but like I said +1 for post requirements. You senior members can come off as a little unhelpful and brash, but its because the same question is asked a thousand times. One more GUI recommendation...make the search its own separate frame with a search field all visible...I know it sounds nit picky but I think if you had search in big bold letters and a convenient search field right under it, it might procure a little more searching by the newer members.
thanks for the input...i have never really complained about the search feature..because personally if i was new to a site or car..i probably wouldn't search either...If it really makes people mad that there are 1,000 exhaust threads...then just don't post in them...It is hard to use the search function and get info on it when your new..and say they do find a thread that has the info..then people will probably get mad when they bump an old thread...

maybe there should be a forum like what sketch said...and it can be where they post all of the generic questions...and then the senior members could do the searching for them..or just help them out..takes the same amount of time...

nyknick1015

Reaction score

i proposed that idea like a month ago and no1 listened to me... i said we should open a whole separate section like they did on CB7tuner.com where they have a beginner section and until you get up to 50 post, thats when you can post anywhere else in the site.

the title description says "Beginner forum -- New members post here!
This is where the new members start out. In here NO question is stupid. Ask away! There are Technical/Performance, appearance, and audio subforums here as well! ALL new members with less than 30 posts are limited to this section!"

SykVSyx

Reaction score
i proposed that idea like a month ago and no1 listened to me... i said we should open a whole separate section like they did on CB7tuner.com where they have a beginner section and until you get up to 50 post, thats when you can post anywhere else in the site.

the title description says "Beginner forum -- New members post here!
This is where the new members start out. In here NO question is stupid. Ask away! There are Technical/Performance, appearance, and audio subforums here as well! ALL new members with less than 30 posts are limited to this section!"

I was thinking of the same Forum when I read that suggestion as well. They at least get used to the format of things, and still get enough of a variety to help build their post count until they are allowed in the General Forum.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
But what if you get a noob who has a legimit question about something that wasn't covered here or doesn't come up by using the search feature?
It's possible because I've done it on other boards.

There's been times I joined a forum just to get a few questions answered, then never returned.

Last edited:

nyknick1015

Reaction score
well you can be a professional to the scene but you are still new to the site... the reason i think they do it is to get returners to the site... there are those who far exceed the 30 post limit.. and then there are those whose accounts gets suspended because they have had 19 post for the past 6 months...

I think its a great idea because it will keep people coming into the site and consistent with out the noob questions... and just because you have more doesnt mean that you cannot post in the beginner sections... i posted all my stupid questions in there and my serious builds in the general area

Back