Police Profiling & Harassment Rant

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Lol. Honestly, the only times I've been pulled over was for my exhaust. My car has 35% all around, with headers and an intake (no more exhaust now) and now I don't get pulled over anymore. Honestly, I'm glad I got pulled over all those times. Having an exhaust serves absolutely no purpose at all to us, and having those laws in place finally helped me realize how juvenile it is. Most of the times that I've been pulled over, the officer wasn't mean, but wasn't nice either. He's just doing his job. I ranted just like you before until I realized it. Now I can drive by cops and wave at them and drive off and nothing would happen since I'm technically doing nothing wrong.

On a side note, this one time I got pulled over, this officer automatically said "Hey, you've got an intake in here don't yah, and I'm pretty sure some headers too, and obviously you have an exhaust" and I was like "yeah, it's all carb legal though, except for the exhaust (which I already had a ticket for, so I just showed him the ticket and he didn't care) and I went to show him the CARB stickers and he said that it's all fine then. So I got to talking to him and he owns a boosted EK :p and he was really cool. Cops are normal people too, but they have to do their job, so just cut them some slack. If you don't want to get pulled over, don't give them a reason to.

ejreams

Reaction score
We've all been pulled over for idiotic reasons, once I was pulled over and told that it was because I made an U turn. I asked if there was a sign that I perhaps did not see, he told me that there was no sign but there doesn't need to be one. I then told him that I knew U turns were not illegal at most intersections as long as they are executed appropriately. That also, if U turns are never legal, then why are there only certain intersections marked with a no U turn sign?

Then he proceeded to tell me that he pulled me over because I accelerated from the light with a little too much haste. I asked him if I had passed over the speed limit and or tailgated anyone in the process of my driving. He said no, but I'm going to give you a warning, I know you have a nice car and you're young, so I'm just letting you know that doesn't give you the right to drive like a dingbat, what would your parents say?

I told him that, A: You'd have to call and ask them.
B: And I'm still not quite sure on what grounds you've justified pulling me over.

He then asked me where I was from, I told him Eureka (town 15 minutes away). He then proceeded to quiz me on why I was where I was in the first place...
Annoyed I told him that I had just got off of work, he asked me where I worked.
I told him, in Pacific (Which was the other direction of where I lived), he then asked why I drove past my house to come out to where I was, I grabbed some papers from the doctor visit I had just gone to for allergies (mine get really bad in the spring). He looked at them as if he didn't believe me...
I said, I know I look young but I'm 23, I just got off of work, I'm tired, my allergies are horrible, I feel sick, and I have to get to the grocery store so I can pick up my prescription.

After staring at me for a few moments.

He told me he'd let me go with a warning then and left, didn't run my license, nor did he ask for insurance.

This happened at 4:30 p.m. in broad day light, you just never know when they're gonna try and getcha!

It was funny cause in the midst of me telling him about U turns he got really red in the face and asked if I was the state trooper. Like, Oh? really? I forgot you were the state trooper here, you know the laws am I correct?
I of course responded courteously as to avoid escalating the situation to a place it need not go.

But deep down in the recesses of my mind was a...
Madbro?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
don't even get me started...

but in short, yes, there's definitely profiling involved in all aspects of a popo's job..

they try to back up their claims that profiling has significant corelation with certain crimes blah blah blah... for example, asians in an import car tends to be illegal street racers....a young black guy driving a spanking new benz is a drug dealer.... although they have "scientifically" proved there is a relation, it doesn't mean profiling is right

slowrider87

Reaction score
you know, usually when someone young says they've been pulled over a bunch of times yet have the time to create such a drama over the entire experience...they're full of shit, totally breaking the law, know this, and looking for pity.

cause uh....yeah, I gotta say it just seems like you're looking for most of these situations to come upon you based on your behavior behind the wheel. You start off talking about how your record was clean, then hint at having what...illegal drugs or a weapon on your person or something? and then go into how by now you don't have a clean record at all, and that doesn't strike you as a reason they might run your plate while following you and then see what you're up to?

perhaps don't be stupid? remove the tint? don't expect cops to not do what they're paid to do? I don't know.

This.

If you've been pulled over this many times by that many different jurisdictions then there is something you as the driver or your car is doing to attract their attention. your efforts are better spent trying to eliminate possible reasons rather than complaining about it.

I live in a highly patrolled area. as does the member i quoted. I pass through 7 different police jurisdictions just on my way to work, 10 if you count the sherrifs departments, and they all love pulling people over. I don't usually get out of work til midnight. so driving around late night is frequent for me.

With my unfortunate commute circumstances and all my exterior modifications I've only been pulled over twice. Once for not having a front plate. and the other was expired inspection. Both of which i was polite and friendly to the cop. and they were too. Both let me off.

Why have i not been pulled over more? Because they have no reason to. I pace traffic, all my mods are legal. i don't have any major attention getters like dark tint or a loud exhaust. my mirrors and lights all work, and most of all. i don't get smart with them. They're doing their job.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
i have yet to meet a nice and respectful popo

all the ones i have dealt with were pigs

Mikey

Reaction score
Even after reading the OP, I have to agree with most of what's been said here: each time, they had a legit reason. The only time where it seems a bit profile-y is when you were testing the intake but it was 2am. People DO drive around then but most are up to no good or think that's the least chance they have of being caught.

And IDK if you know this or not but Michigan isn't exactly what you'd call a safe place anymore. I bet all the cops there are on edge.

It helps if you know your rights as well, as far as your vehicle goes.

I am sure it's different from state to state, but, if you have nothing to hide, then let them do their thing.
Here in the states, there's laws and rights about searches and seizures. If he wants to search my car, he's gonna need a warrant. And that includes checking the tint on my windows which, when rolled all the way down, are also inside the vehicle.

I still have to reiterate my first post though. I've only been pulled over 5 or 6 times. 4 resulted in citations, which were true and legit. The other times were for loud exhaust, which no citation was given and another for "cutting off an un-marked civilian patrol vehicle". Again, no citation. So I have no problems with cops. My car may not be lowered or have fart cans but it's still a tinted up, HID'd honda. And isn't that what they look for?

Elite1JDM

Reaction score
If you talk to the cops normally, they'll be nice back.

But if you have an attitude, he will for sure be a b***tch back.

That's what I learned.

I talk to the cop as if I'm making a sale in retail - and cop is always nice =)

Having a modified Honda - I'm asking for it so I accepted the fact after being pulled over countless times - you just gotta be nice, no attitude.

The more attitude, the more tickets lol
True! It also helps being a girl, they dont really sweat u guys.
Cops dont like my car because its a modified import, a friend has a 2011 Ss camaro with
headers and no cat, drives loud and never gets hassled .. BS!!

i have yet to meet a nice and respectful popo

all the ones i have dealt with were pigs

YUP you know!
San Gabriel pd and temple city sherriffs are the worst.

Back