Police Profiling & Harassment Rant

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
Just be polite and act dumb if need be :lawl:

tht won't work here.. they all act like they're above the law and talk to u like u're a hardcore criminal facing 15 years in jail for going 5 mph above speed limit

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
When getting pulled over and an officer walks to your door besides you:

Roll down your window
Tun off your engine
Place your key on the dashboard
Greet him/her with polite words

If you do these, they MIGHT treat you like you're a nice person.

There's a chance that they won't further b1tch about your modifications b/c you are showing your cooperation.

(from my 18 years of experience getting pulled over 8 times.)

Last edited:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
When getting pulled over and an officer walks to your door besides you:

Roll down your window
Tun off your engine
Place your key on the dashboard
Greet him/her with polite words

If you do these, they MIGHT treat you like you're a nice person.

There's a chance that they won't further b1tch about your modifications b/c you are showing your cooperation.

(from my 18 years of experience getting pulled over 8 times.)

do tht all the time and they still act like pricks towards me

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^ Well... My last suggestion is to hand out a prepaid gift card of Dunking Donuts along with your I.D.with your best smile.

cfox28

Reaction score
so didn't go through all the comments, but really you just need to know whats ok and whats not. all of the the pull-overs seemed to have legitimate reasons, and or are reasonable because of the record later on. there are laws about tint, and 5% way too dark. broken mirror and no exhaust either that's obvious as well. safety, decibel levels, and pollution from the exhaust. If you drive a street legal car, and drive legally you shouldn't have any worry if they pull you over

Ironade

Reaction score
You can be pretending to be deaf so that you can continue get a warning or excuse from police just like this deaf joke from Reading Digest magazine (unless if your policeman know how to sign language):

A hearing man is hitchhiking late at night on an isolated highway. His car had broken down and he was hoping for a ride to the nearest town or telephone. After a few hours of walking and thumbing for a ride, a car finally pulls over and lets him in.

Upon entering the car the hitchhiker realizes the driver is deaf. This doesn’t bother the man and the two gesture back and forth with one another. After a few minutes the driver decides to fully depress the gas pedal and speed. Because the car is a convertible, the hearing man loses his hat and both passengers’ hair is blowing wildly in the breeze. The gauges on the dashboard are steadily rising and the hearing man is actually a bit frightened.

Suddenly, as if from nowhere, red and blue lights can be seen in the rear view mirrors and the car is pulled over. As they pull over, the deaf man puts one finger over his lip and looks at the hearing man, “Shhhh.” The police officer comes to the driver side of the car and asks for the driver’s license, the deaf man gestures to the police officer that he can’t hear or understand him. The hearing man follows suit. The police officer nods his head, looks around, then over enunciates the words, “S L O W D O W N !” The deaf man nods his head innocently in agreement.

As they’re driving, the deaf man becomes tired and pats his hand over his mouth as he yawns and stretches his arms. He makes eye contact with the hearing man and gestures for them to switch places. The hearing man agrees and is soon driving the car down the isolated highway. After a few minutes, the deaf man is fast asleep in the passenger’s seat and the hearing man is feeling adventurous. Assuming that the chances of them getting pulled over again are pretty slim, he presses the pedal to the metal and is zooming quickly toward the horizon.
As luck would have it though, he too is soon pulled over and a police officer steps up around the side of the convertible. The officer says, “I need your license and registration please…” The hearing man has a quick brainstorm and begins feigning deaf. He gestures to his ears then motions that he doesn’t understand. The police officer smiles and signs, “OH YOU’RE DEAF? MY PARENTS ARE DEAF, WHERE DID YOU GO TO SCHOOL?”

Mikey

Reaction score
And when the "deaf" man can't sign or tell where he went to school, the cop is gonna be pissed and even offended and then you're in BIG trouble.

It must be tough not being a white male in this country. It sucks finding a job but I have little to no problem with cops. And I move around a lot, too.

It probably is profiling. While it's a Grey area and there's little to nothing you can do to prove it, or stop it, you just have to....deal with it. The only reasons people, police included, profile is because they're genuine bigots(they fear difference and what they don't understand) or they've got past experience on their side. Cops are 50/50. Some are genuine assholes but some have been wronged in the past or have statistics and ethnic stereotypes.

I'm not gonna go into it but the numbers exist. Say what you will but they don't lie. I'm not saying people are always up to no good and I'm not saying I believe them all but that's what police have to go off of; statistics/numbers and their gut. And when their gut isn't talking, they default to the numbers.

There's a reason they profile races and there's a reason they profile ricers; because both have proven time and time again that they're usually up to no good. Not always but a cop would rather be safe than sorry.

Do I believe certain kinds of cops are worse than others? Yes. In my experience, small town police and highway patrolmen are the worse. I've found county sheriffs to be the coolest. I've had many a cop friends and I've spent many a nights BS-ing with cops. People don't want them around when THEY'RE breaking the law or wrong-doing someone else but someone else is wrong-doing THEM, they wanna know "Where are the police when you need them?!?" or "Instead of harassing me, you could be out busting some drug dealer!"

Well, you have to understand, it's in everyone's best interest if the cops treats everyone the same; as a criminal. It's sad, but true. I for one have no problem with that. If I prove you wrong, then that's that. If you catch me, job well done. If I get away with it, you'll catch me some other time. Hate it or love it.

001Stunna

Reaction score
What i've learned in my current number of years in this world is that...

-Cops tend to approach everyone in a hardass attitude as they dont know if you're a nice person or someone with a gun hidden under your shirt.
-They will maintain the hardass attitude until they fully feel you provide no threat to them that they need to worry about.
-If you have a previous conviction (even a moving violation and not a criminal) they will ask about it. If you lie and say you have none, or i dont know... you will usually get harsher treatment. YOU WILL GET PROFILED IF ITS A CRIMINAL ONE. You dont like it? Well that sucks and you shouldve considered such when you did the act that got you such record. Excuses such as "i was young" "i was stupid" "i have learned better" are BS in my opinion. Everyone has more than enough time to think of their actions.
-Racial profiling exists and will possibly continue to exist for years to come...the only ones who are really to blame are those who caused racial profiling to exist. It sucks but if the situation is dealt with accordingly nothing should come of it and you'll be on your merry way.
-You should exercise your rights and know your laws without being a douchebag about it. Be calm, speak politely as you SHOULD have nothing to worry about as you SHOULD'VE done nothing wrong. Acting like a douchebag will 99.9% get you in more ****.
-More than likely highway patrol is usually more "human-like" then city patrol officers...at least in my experiences.
-Stickers that say "I hate the police/5-0/etc" are a bulls eye
-Loud exhaust, broken mirror, douchebag driving, erratic driving or sudden turns once a cruise is behind you or around you are like magnets to police.
-On more then one occasion even avoiding potholes can get you pulled over (has for me but nothing came of it but a smile from the officer about our road conditions)

Last edited:

slowrider87

Reaction score
-On more then one occasion even avoiding potholes can get you pulled over (has for me but nothing came of it but a smile from the officer about our road conditions)

this statement is a double edged sword. avoiding them can get you stopped for seemingly wreckless driving, failure to stay in lane or any other dumb excuse they see fit. however the cop that taught my drivers ed class when i was 15 told the class that if you just take on the pot holes many cops will stop you for suspicion of DWI because normal/sober people would make an attempt to avoid them, even if a cop was behind them.

I'm glad i never got pulled over by him before because i suspect he would have been my first encounter with a true asshole cop.

Back