Police Profiling & Harassment Rant

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^I remember my friend got pulled over by this. He was told that he looked like he was dui.

To me getting pulled over (traffic reasons) is mostly due to our bad judgement such as: when to speed up, when to avoid pot holes, when to pass a vehicle, etc.

There was one time I got pulled over by the state patrol. I was just driving 5mph over on a freeway in the night. He told me that I was going a little faster than the others, which I caught his attention, and he saw my rear license plate being covered with a smoked protector--the reason why he pulled me over. He checked my side window films with his flash light and told me that they're okay, but he warned me that I will get pulled over again as long as I have the license cover (regardless of smoked or not). And he let me go.

The point is, cops are desperate to have a reason to pull you over. Even if you're going just 5mph over, or just avoiding pot holes.

When you see a group of cars going slower than how you usually see them, there will be a cop.
When you see a group of on-coming cars driving slower than how you see usually them, there will be a cop.
When you see a car ahead of you pulling breaks suddenly, there will be a cop.
When you see a on-coming car flashing lights at you, there will be a cop.
When you go out after 12am, there will be cops everywhere trying to pull you over with whatever the reasons they've got.

Thi is for those of you who have a couple of years of driving experience.

Let's sharpen up your judgement and stay out of troubles.

Last edited:

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
Cops are suppose to pull you over when you go 5 over the posted speed limit. Reason at most time they don't is due to discretion. So technically he was doing his job according to the state law. However thei smoked plate cover; if similar NY state laws, is illegal. Avoiding pot holes is a hit and miss when you encounter a cop. They can say your driving is ill manner and that it is hazardous/reckless to other drivers. Othr will understand because we are just trying to protect the under carige of our vehicle. I

And honestly if a cop wants to pull you over, let him. If you have nothing to hide, before he reaches the car have all the lights on in the car to insinuate you have nothing to hide, turn off the car, and hands on the wheel, and maintain a neutral facial expression with consist eye contact. Within minutes its over and go about your business, no need to complain, that will just add fuel to a officer that already on guard. I rather have them change their mind and think it was nothing and.move on.

Not all cops are bad, you have to give thm a reason to be an ***hole if you let them. Others take thei job/power to head and its sad to.see them abuse it. I've experienced both side, all you can do except when you're wrong; if proven in court of course or hope you don't meet the bad cop cause he's looking for anything tangible or not to cuff you. Just excrise your right but be smart about it by maintain calm attitude.

Please my poor grammar I'm at work

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Cops are suppose to pull you over when you go 5 over the posted speed limit. Reason at most time they don't is due to discretion. So technically he was doing his job according to the state law.
Come to think of it, you're right. One thing is that when I was attending a driving school (18 years ago) the instructor told me that it's okay to go 5mph over the speed limit. Maybe it was legal at that time, but I'm sure the law has changed. Now I remember hearing from my friends telling me that we can get pulled over even if you're going 3mph over nowadays (heard that in 2007, when holding a cell phone while driving was becomming a violation).

Btw I stopped texting while driving, ever since I saw a TV commercial which was a guy speaking with his brain damage caused by a fatal car accident of texting & driving. That was really convincing.

slowrider87

Reaction score
the instructor told me that it's okay to go 5mph over the speed limit.

It was never "legal". Hence it being a speed LIMIT. It's pretty common knowledge that you can get away with it, but that doesn't make it legal. Like the other guy said. Most officers won't bother because of discretion. They can't prove your speedometer is 100% accurate. their Radar may be improperly calibrated. Many don't want to waste their time on a minor infraction that will likely be disproved in court if the person wants to take it there. The fine for a 5 mph ticket doesn't really benefit the city either. They'd rather stop the people that are going 10+. Bigger fines and honestly, those are the people that need to be reminded that their actions and speed are putting others at risk.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Yep, it's discretion. I just thought it was interesting to hear that from a driving instructor. Maybe she told me what you have said exactly when I was driving, but I guess the 16-year-old rookie could only focus oneself not to panic in a freeway, b/c I remember my hands on a stearing wheel were so sweaty lol.

Last edited:

dtraill27

Reaction score
Sounds like you made yourself a target and the department has you on a list to watch for. Time to straighten out your ride and I bet all these stops go away

Akingkhan

Reaction score
My car is murdered out from the flat black wheels n paint 2 the 5% tint in the back 5 windows n 50% in the front n windshield n its slammed w/ HIDs n all red tail lights u would think it would draw a lot of attention but its quiet n I try 2 do the speed limit n don't do any dumb a$$ $h1t thats y i haven't been pulled over in it n i see them lookin n fallowing me but I'm not doing any thing illegal n all my paperwork is in order so there's not much they can do about it oh did I mention I have a 15 in the trunk!

N I know the red tail lights n tint is illegal!!

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
Haven't had a computer so I wasn't able to reply to the thread. I understand how my car is a cop magnet but I wasn't doing anything wrong, driving the speed limit, using signals, making complete stops, etc.
The only illegal things with my car is the tint on the front two windows. It isn't illegal if you don't have a passenger side mirror as long as you have a driver side and rearview mirror. I have the exhaust back on now, the only reason I didn't have it is because the bolts snapped off.
Whenever I get pulled over I try to make it easier for the cop and never talk back or be a smart *** like "No you can't search my car even though smoke is pouring out the windows, I have rights you pig"
I always pull over as quickly as possible with my hazards on, turn off the car with the keys on the dash, hit the dome light to on so it doesn't dim out, get my license and stuff ready, and keep my hands on the wheel.
I'm also really polite and whatnot.
I just get kinda irritated when I get pulled over for no reason and the cops make it obvious they had nothing better to do.
Like they would find out I'm working or get another call and let me off or they would drive out of their way just to pull me over and try to find a reason to ticket me.
It's mostly Dearborn in particular though since it's the only area I've been bothered in.

Akingkhan

Reaction score
Maybe it's cuz ur on the road a lot 4 work. When cops see the same car driving back n forth makin delivers they prob think ur delivering more then just pizzas

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
True, I always thought about that like when I pass a cop a couple of times posted in one spot

Back