Port and polish?

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting my intake manifold and runners ported and polished... Also with a bigger throttle body. Question is, is there a particular brand for a aftermarket throttle body I should lean towards? And would this be beneficial enough to do?

No i'm not boosted.

99' V6

Edit: Looks like there is only one throttle body for the J30A1 which would be the Skunk2 one, part # 309-05-0040

Last edited:

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I would suggest doing research on what you're asking/talking about.

It will answer those questions....

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Read up on the polishing, it's not really recommended.

Also, Blox Racing TB's. They offer an upgrade for the J-series.

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
I would suggest doing research on what you're asking/talking about.

It will answer those questions....

I know what i'm talking about, just wanted to know basically if anyone has done it on the J engine and what throttle body. Seems like I have a choice between Blox and Skunk 2

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
Read up on the polishing, it's not really recommended.

Also, Blox Racing TB's. They offer an upgrade for the J-series.

It's not recommended to polish to a ultra smooth finish because the fuel will just bead up on it.
Port and polish but without polishing to a super smooth finish.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Definately been done by people on j32a.com and V6P as well as Acurazine.

MikeyMike may have done it, I don't know for sure. 99CFEnvy may also have gotten it done, as did hguzman.

They would have to confirm, though.

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
Definately been done by people on j32a.com and V6P as well as Acurazine.

MikeyMike may have done it, I don't know for sure. 99CFEnvy may also have gotten it done, as did hguzman.

They would have to confirm, though.

Thanks for the info on it, i'll PM one of them.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
not worth porting the stock manifold on the j30a1. your much better off getting an 01-02 acura mdx intake manifold (because its the same thing as the j32a2 type s manifold but has larger velocity stacks beneath the plenums) or better yet a 2011 tl sh awd intake manifold like me. you'll need some extra bits that I'm not getting into right now for the tl manifold. tbh save ur money and don't even bother with that engine.

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
not worth porting the stock manifold on the j30a1. your much better off getting an 01-02 acura mdx intake manifold (because its the same thing as the j32a2 type s manifold but has larger velocity stacks beneath the plenums) or better yet a 2011 tl sh awd intake manifold like me. you'll need some extra bits that I'm not getting into right now for the tl manifold. tbh save ur money and don't even bother with that engine.

Thanks for the info man, I called and talked to a local machinest and for what I wanted done it would cost me $700 at that shop plus a TB. So i'm not going to end up having it done. I'll do it myself if I happen to run across an extra intake manifold or runners for cheap.
I'll also keep an eye out for a MDX one if I can grab it for cheap.

silverbullitt

Reaction score
I dont agree with soccerchamp16.. 1st of all there is NO fuel flowing through the throttle body or intake manfold on the j30a1,( or any modern fuel injected car/truck- ) Its air flow! the fuel is plumbed directly to the injectors at the head, intake port. So porting and polishing Will help flow, and Power. While the gains possible Are limited by the size of the runners and j30a1 ports in the intake and heads. ( the j32a2 TL-s, CL-s have larger ports and runners in the intake and heads, and is why it also has a secondary butterly in the Intake and a more aggrressive pair of camshafts, ( higher lift, and longer duration, to take advantage of the better breathing components).. Porting and polishing is a science, not just a simple matter of makingthings bigger or smoother.

Last edited:
Back