Post your headunits

AFAccord

Reaction score
this is my super rare.. and super expensive "Black" Denon DCT-1.. it's modded with white lights and pure class a op amps..

also picked is what it looked like installed in my 5th gen before it was totalled

I will never understand what compels some of you to install such costly items in a car, let alone an Accord.

It seems to me that it would be so easy to lose your $4,000 wheels, 10,000 audio setup, $1,000 headlights, $8,000 paint job, or plethora of other parts to a collision, act of theft, or vandalism. I'd be ****ting my pants after a car-totaling collision like you had, praying that my $3,000 head unit still works. Sure there's insurance, but for most items this costly, there's very limited availability to replace them.

Secondly, I find the idea of having audiophile quality audio in a conductive metal cage full of circuits interfering with each other, traveling down the road against roaring wind, bumping and grumbling over every imperfection in the asphalt a bit ironic.

I would prefer to have all that beautiful audio equipment at home in a cinema room designed inside of a Faraday cage, where I can enjoy the audio without interruption, and really make my money perform as it should.

But that's just me...

Hebrew Hammer

Reaction score
I'm on Team Zapco.. they are building me 3 custom 1 off 3 foot long triple black C2k's... then I have custom hand made speakers from a company called Audio Technology...

Holy **** dude that is an expensive HU.... what do you have hooked up to it?

Hebrew Hammer

Reaction score
I have been in the auto sound comp scene for a long time... and to be honest the Accord platform "5th and 6th gen" are near perfect... flat almost semetrical dash.. good width and a ton of kick panel area which is ideal...

and 10K... hell my amps if you were to put a price tag on them will have me close to 15.. "thank god for sponsorships"...

my car will sound just as good as 90% of any high end home system..I should know..I build crazy high end custom homespeakers... car audio is a hobby and passion.. if it's not for you.. cool... but nothing ironic about it.

I will never understand what compels some of you to install such costly items in a car, let alone an Accord.

It seems to me that it would be so easy to lose your $4,000 wheels, 10,000 audio setup, $1,000 headlights, $8,000 paint job, or plethora of other parts to a collision, act of theft, or vandalism. I'd be ****ting my pants after a car-totaling collision like you had, praying that my $3,000 head unit still works. Sure there's insurance, but for most items this costly, there's very limited availability to replace them.

Secondly, I find the idea of having audiophile quality audio in a conductive metal cage full of circuits interfering with each other, traveling down the road against roaring wind, bumping and grumbling over every imperfection in the asphalt a bit ironic.

I would prefer to have all that beautiful audio equipment at home in a cinema room designed inside of a Faraday cage, where I can enjoy the audio without interruption, and really make my money perform as it should.

But that's just me...

Hebrew Hammer

Reaction score
not at all.. it's a custom made descrete class a design.. and then I'm using the balanced 8v output.. feeding into a modded orion deq30 then digital out to a modded Zapco dsp6 then to the Zapco C2k's modded with the preamp removed and the class a bias ramped up

did you take a hit in volume when you swapped out to all class A?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
not at all.. it's a custom made descrete class a design.. and then I'm using the balanced 8v output.. feeding into a modded orion deq30 then digital out to a modded Zapco dsp6 then to the Zapco C2k's modded with the preamp removed and the class a bias ramped up
SQ or DB?

thejameshimself

Reaction score

But that's just me...

Good luck with your cell phone and remotes.

xx24xx

Reaction score
I will eventually be doing a SQL setup. For those that don't know; its a mix of sq and db. IE it sounds great, but it gets loud enough to make the house 4 blocks down call the cops. :afro:

Here is my setup soon to be installed:

Alpine 9887 installed waiting on the imprint ... (Might do touchscreen aka baller status)
**Digital Designs = DD
DDM3 for sub
DDS4 for front stage
DDC4 for rear fill
DDA W high end components up front w/ custom enclosure
DDC6.5 comps glassed in rear
DD9515G w/ 3-4.5 cubes tuned to 35-40hz
2 Kinetic HC2400s + HC1800 up front
Iraggi 190-200amp HO alt
:naughtyrun:

kurtage77

Reaction score