power steering leaking

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
i have an i4 automatic and i noticed that i had oil leaking out from the power steering as you can kind of see from the picture on the top of it and bottom. i tried tightening the 4 bolts but it still slightly leaks. i was wondering if there was a gasket that i could just buy to replace the seal for it. and also how would i go about opening it since theres power steering fluid inside?

0201101226-00.jpg

Drift

Reaction score
You can buy just the seals from the dealership. Ive rebuilt my h22 pump a few times now.

The seals are really cheap.

To replace them, all you need to do is remove the pump from the car, try to empty as much fluid as possible, remove the 4 12mm bolts from the back. The whole backing section will pop up, remove it. You should see the seal that needs to be replaced at that point. Its going to be about 3" in diameter. Just pop the new one in and seal the pump back up. Re-install accordingly.

You need #15 in this pic, from looking at your pic:

ImageStreameraspx.jpg

Last edited:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
You can buy just the seals from the dealership. Ive rebuilt my h22 pump a few times now.

The seals are really cheap.

To replace them, all you need to do is remove the pump from the car, try to empty as much fluid as possible, remove the 4 12mm bolts from the back. The whole backing section will pop up, remove it. You should see the seal that needs to be replaced at that point. Its going to be about 3" in diameter. Just pop the new one in and seal the pump back up. Re-install accordingly.

You need #15 in this pic, from looking at your pic:

ImageStreameraspx.jpg

Yes, + Rep

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
when i remove the 4 bolts on the side do i have to watch out for anything that might just fall out or anything like that, like the power steering fluid, gasket, gears etc.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
when i remove the 4 bolts on the side do i have to watch out for anything that might just fall out or anything like that, like the power steering fluid, gasket, gears etc.

You might want to empty the resovior before you do this. You can un-hook it and pour the contents into a cup and put it back in later.

Back