Preview of my 1st paint job under $500

YoungxNutkase

Reaction score
Heres my first paint job on my wife's car. The only experience I had painting was from doing fiberglass box and interior panels. I did everything sanding by hand by myself, doing it patiently for over 3 months (working on it once a week). Fix all dents and dings too...

Cost:
Material:
$30 sandpaper
$30 quart of primer sealer
$120 gallon of basecoat and reducer
$120 gallon clear coat and hardner
(all urethane paint, trust me with such a low price you would think its not so great quality but its has super great quality, prices are cheap because its from a new company and who has over 500 postive feedback and is really trying to get there name out there.)

Tools: Free because I did it at my school

Color: Candy Plum Crazy Purple (wifey picked it thought she was crazy at first because I hated gayish colors, I wanted to do liquid silver)

My cousin forgot to remind me to take pics of it with the primer sealer, looked pretty cool with the prime on alot of people told me to leave it that way, my wife thought i had a clear coat over the primer too...but too bad no pics of that process

Following week after the prime was on I did 3 hours of masking (had to make sure everything was perfect!!!) and scuffed the primer

DSC05406.jpg

In the pics that dis guy Brian whos a professional custom painter helping me with the clear coat since its a little more harder for beginners to apply clear, at first he didnt believe me when I told him I was getting some cheap paint thinking it would be bad quality, until I brought it to him and we used it, after that he changed his mind on that opinion and trying to get some himself

That a little teaser for now, next week I will be adding some more stuff to the car and will do some wetsanding and buffing and pics will be posted!! Tell u this though it looks sick in the sun

nexTOme

Reaction score
paint with bumper/mirror attached? i thot you were supposed to take them off first (the proper way)

or does it matter? :eh:

anyways, needs more pix :) looks good so far

Back