Previous Damage Not Reported

CokeZero

Reaction score
Guess you could buy car flags instead, huh. The Coup is a Missouri car, so there's a little bit of rust going on underneath in the A-pipe area, hope that's all! The right upper control arm was bad, which I didn't notice when driving it, hmmm. I should get the car back from the shop tomorrow, and it better run like a top. We decided to go ahead and do timing belt, water pump, seals; transmission service; right upper control arm replacement; oil change; and heater/coolant hoses and thermostat...whew!!! Next trip won't be as expensive, but expensive enough.

Sorry to hear about your situation. but with all that maint your doing, to give you piece of mind.. my car has 279k original miles, tranny, even clutch! (5 speed)

These cars last with tlc.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
damn...now you say a front UCA! I just threw out mine, perfect...at 250k miles...used a camber kit. (I doubt that lasts as long)

barfo

Reaction score
damn...now you say a front UCA! I just threw out mine, perfect...at 250k miles...used a camber kit. (I doubt that lasts as long)
I also had them put a camber kit on my '99 I bought a year and a half year ago. I'll probably have them put one on the Coupe, too.

barfo

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your situation. but with all that maint your doing, to give you peace of mind.. my car has 279k original miles, tranny, even clutch! (5 speed)

These cars last with tlc.
The '97 5-spd we had had 220,000+ miles on it and going strong, then my son had his first accident and there she went.

sb001

Banned
Reaction score
The '97 5-spd we had had 220,000+ miles on it and going strong, then my son had his first accident and there she went.

His first accident? Implying.. more than one? And still in high school? Ugh.
Mine has 175,000 and is maybe burning a bit of oil but that's about it. Apparently a mechanic owned it before the guy I bought it from, it seems to have been maintained great. Mechanically it's a world beater. Just not too great in the cosmetics dept :)

Reliability helps when you're out of work and driving around to staffing agencies all day :(

Last edited:

barfo

Reaction score
His first accident? Implying.. more than one? And still in high school? Ugh.
Mine has 175,000 and is maybe burning a bit of oil but that's about it. Apparently a mechanic owned it before the guy I bought it from, it seems to have been maintained great. Mechanically it's a world beater. Just not too great in the cosmetics dept :)

Reliability helps when you're out of work and driving around to staffing agencies all day :(
So far, no other accidents, but, yes, he's still in high school. It's time to drive in the snow, though, whenever we get some. Good luck on the job search.

sb001

Banned
Reaction score
So far, no other accidents, but, yes, he's still in high school. It's time to drive in the snow, though, whenever we get some. Good luck on the job search.

Think we may actually escape this winter with little/no accumulation, not at all what I thought since we had such a mild summer.

And, thanks but folks have been telling me that for 4 years now, in between side jobs/ odd jobs I've had to work just to make ends meet. Much as I want to live here, it ain't happening and I'm sick of it.

Back