Price for changing brakes?

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
So yesterday I went to the bobbleheads to buy some new brake pads about $80 for both front and rear for some mid grade ones. Took the car to the shop so they could swap them out ... When the dude told me the price for changing them my face dropped. Before I say how much he charged me I want to hear how much you guys pay for new brakes installed.

After hearing the price it makes me want to create a detailed DIY on changing brakes (didn't find one)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
DIY, send a pm to simon_y.

It really depends on if your mechanic gives yo a deal or not. THe price can range anywhere from $50 to $150+.

It also depends on how much work is involved, ie if parts are seized and need to be replaced.

I tiwll cost you about $20-$25 to do it yourself(once you have purchased an Hanes Manual).

bagoon316

Reaction score
i think ive always changed mine myself.

my dad just paid like 275 for his VW CC though, ceramic pads and some bs recalibration thing.

hirichard

Reaction score
Do it yourself dude. Its easy. I think it's like two bolts off the caliper and that's it

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
your fault for not taking 5 minutes to research this in the first place

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
I use brembo blanks and duralast c max ceramic brake pads. Total was like 125 for parts or something like that for the front. It was my first brake job and my dads best friend, a mopar mechanic, showed me how to do it. Changing brakes is easy. I just did the rears by myself.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Unfortunately, yep. The rears are slightly trickier than the fronts, but you could have at least cut that cost in half. Lesson learned.

Back