Primer color question

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
for cheap just go with duplicolor color match rattle can..but if you want it proper base/clear..cant really cheap out on materials/quality products..just my opinion and iv never heard of people selling quality paint in OZs.ha usually minimal mix is a quart.

J30MAN

Reaction score
yeah so far i ordered Duplicolor perfect match base coat 5oz. x2, and duplicolor perfect match clear coat 8oz.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
then you should be okay with the duplicololor primer they sell for that line up..just make sure to go to your local parts store like oriellys and buy the can of bulldog paint adhesion spray(think thats what its called..bulldog..bullydog..something similar..ha

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
yep thats it, all it does is create a better plateform for adhesion,
basicly
there are oils in bare plastic that just dont go away after sanding, wax and grease get most of them a adhestion promotor takes that just another step further

i highly recomend it, we use it like water at the shop its a must have in my opinion

lwlba

Reaction score
if its your first time diy painting... i'd also say, be prepared to paint, and repaint, and repaint. lol 'cause it's easy to mess up for first timers.

J30MAN

Reaction score
i have painted many various things in the past, but nothing dealing with automotive quality paint. But i think ive got the basics down pretty well. I think ill be ok, thanks.

JEER42

Reaction score
This is what I would do, scuff the lip with a GREY scuff pad=600 grit, clean with oil and wax remover, spray with bulldog adhesion promoter, base coat, then clear. No need for sealers or primers. 5 ounces is plenty of paint for a lip.

Make sure you find out if the paint you are getting is is already reduced, or if you need to add reducer. If you need to add reducer, you will have more than 5 ounces to spray.

Good luck.

Back