probably a dumb scenario

accordingto6th

Reaction score
hey guys I've tried to search this up but can seem to find the right answer
so i have lowering springs from a 97 cd5 with the shocks i took apart my front passenger side thinking it was going to fit right it but my 6th gen has 5 bolts on the top hat while the 5th gen struts are only three I'm trying to figure if they fit at all or just simply remove the springs from the 5th gen and put them on the 6th gen shock any feedback is much appreciated

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I have yet to read anywhere that 5th Gen suspension fits on the 6th Gen.

I know 4th and 5th Gen's can swap suspenion parts, but our cars are compatible with the 2nd Gen TL/CL and that's about it as far as suspension goes.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend doing either of those. You should just sell the spring/strut and buy 6th gen specific ones ..

accordingto6th

Reaction score
i figured it wouldn't work :owned: I'm saving my pennies as we speak for type 1s but since the springs were collecting dust i wanted to see if i can sit on them in the meantime anyway thanks a lot for the feedback:squintwave:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Two very different cars, in size and weight. Just save up for some suspension that was actually made for your car.

I think you knew the answer before you asked it, lol.

Last edited:

accordingto6th

Reaction score
lol i had a hunch but i read somewhere a while ago that they do fit but like i said when i attempted it it was a fail

Back