Problem with keyless entry and alarm randomly going off

detailxp

Reaction score
To start off, I have the factory alarm/keyless entry that came on my '00 se. Basically, you know when you press the unlock button the lights go with it, well mine does. But when it locks it's suppose to flash the lights as well and when you press it twice it should honk...well this part mine doesn't do anymore, but the doors still lock when pressed, just no lights and no horn on 2 presses. Also, sometimes the alarm just goes off randomly for no reason, no one is close to it, the weather is perfectly normal (no thunder, loud exhausts going by, etc.)

What is the cause? and what could be the possible fixes?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
have you tried to re-program the remote? maybe check the alarm fuses, although i cant remember if theyre underhood or on the sides.

in any case, im baffled as to whats causing it...

detailxp

Reaction score
have you tried to re-program the remote? maybe check the alarm fuses, although i cant remember if theyre underhood or on the sides.

in any case, im baffled as to whats causing it...

hey thanks for the reply. I've tried re-programming the remotes already but no luck. i was trying to look for the alarm fuse but have no idea which one it is. Can you point it out to me. I have attached photos of the manual below.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
whoo...i have no idea what fuse it would be. my best guess is the drivers side #8 ACC but i have a feeling thats for the ACC position in the ignition switch...

your hazards work...your windows work...your turn signals work...your locks work...everything related to the alarms functions needs to be checked...

Back