Problem with plug n play HID's

paypalbid

Reaction score
when you plug the plastic piece from lightbulb into the ballast. The plastic piece has a 2 prong plastic. The 2 prongs of plastic when plug into the ballast meant to hook the nipple on the ballast base plug. Well one ballast you will hook the 2 prongs around the nipple and the other ballast you will turn the plastic up side down and not hook it around the nipple side.

Dont worry I goof up sometimes and burn the fuse too. It is plug and play. I guess they mean plug and play around with it until you figure it out.

Werkmeister47

Reaction score
thanks man i tried that and now the fuses stop blowing, but i think now its just the ballast is fried, i hear stories about cheap *** ebay hid kits that ballast just give up after couple of hours, but mine stopped working within minutes, thanks for all the help guys i'm saving up for some real hid kits now.

paypalbid

Reaction score
I have the Hella Ballasts and I had them in my Accord since 2002. I have gone through 3 or 4 sets of bulbs in the last 6 years but the ballast still strong work horse. I dont know if some of you guys got involved with HID in the early days you would know Mr. Jung 's kits. I got my kit from him for $460 back in 2002.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
McColloch is hit and miss with their kits, some people get kits that have no problems for years, some people get kits that are nothing but problems. It all comes down to demand. McColloch is famous for outsourcing their kits to cheaper manufacturers to cut down on production cost.

Back