Problems after timing belt replacement!!

dck8267

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help me with a problem I am having with my 99 accord 4cyl. This is my daily driver and I cant afford any more time off from work, let me give some background on the problem. Me and a friend have done quite a bit of work on the car lately, it had a major oil leak so we replaced crankshaft seal as well as doing timing belt/water pump. put back together and it was throwing a code for intermittent crankshaft position sensor failure.... so we tear it apart and replaced the crank sensor, and everything was fine....for a day, now the car starts acting strange, wont rev past 3000 and has po0336., so I replaced the distributor and plugs thinking that the sensor in the distributor was responsible, and no difference at all, I am at a loss as to what is wrong at this point, every crank sensor is new and I don't know where to go from here, any help is greatly apprieciated.
Thanks

dck8267

Reaction score
I also suspected that originally but after taking it all apart and replacing crankshaft/tdc sensor, I triple checked and everything was lined up perfectly.

Ok, let me add some updates, I was checking wires and connections and had car running and cleared code with my scanner, ok it cleared up for awhile, I drove around and it was fine. I parked it and tried it when it cooled off and same thing, so I cleared code again but all of a sudden engine starts sputtering and dies and wont start at all and now has code po1361 which is the same as the first time before I replaced crank sensor, even when I clear code it wont start and code comes right back. thanks for any help this is really driving me crazy.

Last edited:

l1nd3n

Reaction score
If your certain that all the timing marks were matched up properly and you didn't have the crank 180 off or something like that then check your connections. Start from where you replaced the crank sensor at the crank shaft. Make sure its plugged in to the harness good and check the wires to make sure they are in good shape. Maybe something got pinched while you were working. Wiggle and try starting again...

Back