Problems with V-TEC Light

AccordFlex

Reaction score
Ok, so a friend and myself decided to install the vtec light. One in my accord, one in his EJ8. Neither of them worked...

When I turn the ignition to the second position, the light will stay on, but as soon as I turn over the engine and try to test it out, it will not come on. My car does need an oil change, and I have heard that vtec wont kick in when you are somewhat low on oil so could that maybe be my problem?

I tied the wire into the green with yellow ECU vtec wire so im not sure what in the world I did wrong. His, we think just has a bad ground because it wont come on at all, when he grounded it to a bolt, he tightened it too much and broke the wire so we are going to try it again another time with his.

Anyone have any suggestions. Car is F32A4 by the way. I could see a yellow with green wire either... there was none there like the DIY says there should be.

AccordFlex

Reaction score
I also wired this to the green with yellow in the far left plug if you are facing the ecu plugs straight on, Was I supposed to tie it into the middle one? The DIY wasnt too clear on that.

juicebox00

Reaction score
^but funny as hell, johnson wired mine up so i have no clue but i'm sure he knows

AccordFlex

Reaction score
VTEC lights are stupid.

Last time I checked, I didnt ask for your opinion on the the vtec light itself, I asked for help on how to fix it. If you opinion is not relevant to the question asked, please refrain from posting.

kthxbye.

AccordFlex

Reaction score
Back